Turner Little - Company Formation Agents
DLS Dubai - Company Formation & Bank Account
Open a Multi-Currency Account in HK - Statrys
Offshore Bank Accounts
UK Ltd with emi bank account

Revolut US-based versus EU-based (difference?)

Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more
CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.

Oakgrove

I thought I would know the difference but - if one can prove residency in both USA and EEA (US passport) - what are the pros and cons with Revolut account that are EU based vs US based? (i.e. what do you get with the EU-based that you don't get with the US-based, and vice versa?)

I know the US-based Revolut has Debit/Prepaid Mastercard issued by a US bank (versus an EU bank), and I believe there's also an investment component associated with US based Revolut (I could be wrong). Both provide LT (Lithuanian) IBAN, if I recall.

Anything else? (or do you recommend just applying for both? XferWise discourages this).

cryptorium

Mentor Group Gold
One of the biggest differences is that you will need to be US Resident to open the USA with an SSN or local director. While in the EU, the controls are lighter, for example. Regulatorily speaking, you will be subject to FATCA while on the other side not.

cryptorium

Mentor Group Gold
Thanks @cryptorium - that makes sense (about having SSN etc). Other than that, account feature- wise are pretty much identical, correct?
Certainly it should not differ. The feeling you have is merely regulatory. And you might end using Mercury if you find it too much hassle

Offshore Bank Accounts
DLS Dubai Company Formation and banking solution
Offshore Bank Accounts
DLS Dubai Company Formation and banking solution