Our valued sponsor

Romania micro company setup

mrb

Jun 15, 2021
KSDB
Visit site
Guys,
I am looking for a representative in Romania with know-how and experience in setting up a micro company and tax residency for an EU citizen.
Is my personal presence absolutely necessary arrange everything?
Also looking for a physical address to rent in Romania in terms of all legal requirements, I will not live there and will stay out of the country anyways.

I can't link to a company here as it would go against the T&Cs of this forum. I have set up a Micro Company in Romania however. This can be done remotely.

Do you want personal tax residency in Romania? If so you need to make it your centre of living to do so, this does not necessarily mean you need to stay 183 days. But will need to be a permanent address in terms of a rental contract.

Reactions: mrb
You can appoint any good law firm to do this for you in Romania without going to Romania and it can all be done remotely, @orangekangaroo is correct if you want your personal tax residency in Romania you will need rental contract address, best you to lease an apartment for a minimum of one year and show that you are paying things like that electricity, phone and internet from your personal account even if it's still in the landlord's name these utility bills.

Also note when you're setting up your company will also need a rental contract for the address of the company, again I would do this for a minimum of one year and it will also be used for the opening of bank account for the company.

To be honest the setup in Romania is very easy and straightforward now, it's a walk in the park, just keep your company accounts up to date bio monthly and that's basically it

I can't link to a company here as it would go against the T&Cs of this forum. I have set up a Micro Company in Romania however. This can be done remotely.

Do you want personal tax residency in Romania? If so you need to make it your centre of living to do so, this does not necessarily mean you need to stay 183 days. But will need to be a permanent address in terms of a rental contract.
Yes, forgot to add to original msg,
if the forums dont allow for it, everyone please inbox me with details on
[email protected]

That is exactly what I need, business & personal residency, especially looking for landlords willing to colaborate on the rental terms

You can appoint any good law firm to do this for you in Romania without going to Romania and it can all be done remotely, @orangekangaroo is correct if you want your personal tax residency in Romania you will need rental contract address, best you to lease an apartment for a minimum of one year and show that you are paying things like that electricity, phone and internet from your personal account even if it's still in the landlord's name these utility bills.

Also note when you're setting up your company will also need a rental contract for the address of the company, again I would do this for a minimum of one year and it will also be used for the opening of bank account for the company.

To be honest the setup in Romania is very easy and straightforward now, it's a walk in the park, just keep your company accounts up to date bio monthly and that's basically it
thanks, will the virtual office suffice?

Yes for company more or less, but for your personal residency virtual is no good because when you're home country tax office comes looking it's zero benefit virtual.

As regards the company side of things what most people miss about starting a company in another country is CFC rules, so if your company has a turnover that would sustain a salary for local management or yourself you can clearly show your home country that it is is fully based in Romania and managed from Romania, the problem is not to Romanian tax authority which will gladly take your taxes, what is missed most of the time is foreign shareholders thinking because it's in another jurisdiction their local home country tax office may go after them to tax as local company.

From a personal side of things if you want to be located in Romania taxwise it's not the worst but again you cannot forget to work the system and not let your guard down, get yourself a local residency card and open your bank account with your new local Romanian addresses