Our valued sponsor

Run from Revolut

unicorn

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I wouldn't believe this as it sounds too crazy to be true. But it is.

Revolut app disappears suddenly from phone.

Re instaling the app is not possible.

Contact Revolut through messenger because the only help you can have is ... in-app !!!

Yep, that app that is gone and that you can not re install.

(technical problem, please try again later)

3 days no reply.

Contact Revolut through messenger again.

Really fast reply, friendly guy, no robot.

"You must login via link X on the revolut website".

Ok ...

Ah, it works.

Access to my account.

But : account empty, crypto gone, not even access to the crypto account.

No help possible.

O, well, there was a bot that replied ... as usual no answer to your question, followed by : I'm ending this conversation now.

"Sorry we can not give information through social media".

Ok ...

So guys, just know, all the apps you are using : they can disappear. And then so does your money.

The "help" : either it's in-app (so not accessible), or via messenger (where they can not give info), or via the website (where you get a bot).

You guessed it, there's no help.

And they want to make ALL the banks fully digital.

Basically it means : we shut your account and then we can not be reached anymore.

Until now, no solution.

And no, it's not a strange account, no crazy amounts, no funny activities, just some savings, couple of 1000's euros.

The digital revolution sounds more like the digital theft.

No matter how much money can be made with crypto : the day you are without internet, without an app, without access : it's gone.

Long live paper money. Long live gold.

Reactions: jjrapy and tacokai
I wouldn't believe this as it sounds too crazy to be true. But it is.

Revolut app disappears suddenly from phone.

Re instaling the app is not possible.

Contact Revolut through messenger because the only help you can have is ... in-app !!!

Yep, that app that is gone and that you can not re install.

(technical problem, please try again later)

3 days no reply.

Really fast reply, friendly guy, no robot.

"You must login via link X on the revolut website".

Ok ...

Ah, it works.

Access to my account.

But : account empty, crypto gone, not even access to the crypto account.

No help possible.

O, well, there was a bot that replied ... as usual no answer to your question, followed by : I'm ending this conversation now.

"Sorry we can not give information through social media".

Ok ...

So guys, just know, all the apps you are using : they can disappear. And then so does your money.

The "help" : either it's in-app (so not accessible), or via messenger (where they can not give info), or via the website (where you get a bot).

You guessed it, there's no help.

And they want to make ALL the banks fully digital.

Basically it means : we shut your account and then we can not be reached anymore.

Until now, no solution.

And no, it's not a strange account, no crazy amounts, no funny activities, just some savings, couple of 1000's euros.

The digital revolution sounds more like the digital theft.

No matter how much money can be made with crypto : the day you are without internet, without an app, without access : it's gone.

Attempted logging in from desktop?

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've heard about Revolut being impossible to contact. There are many complaints about it here and all over the internet.

Forcibly installing the app sounds like either malware on your phone (hacked?), or maybe a self-destruct mechanism in case the app detects usage in a sanctioned or disallowed territory.

Do you live in EU/EEA or UK? Have you recently visited a high-risk territory?

OP is right about it sounds crazy. That doesn't sound right at all conf/(%.
Revolut support is a bit slow but with 15m customers it will be.

I see your point.

As a paper money fan myself I can see writing on the wall sadly. With physical gold the same. Physical ownership of bullion outside of regulated entities will be criminalised at some point in future.

OP would be great if you can share more details like kind of OS (Android or iOS) and OS version; in case of Android, if you installed from Google Play or manufacturer’s App Store (Huawei, Samsung). Apps cannot be uninstalled remotely, just being deprecated and stop working or pulled from the stores, it seems you have some sort of malware.
Regarding Revolut help desk, they usually reply within 48/72 hours, but yes, just from in-app help.