Our valued sponsor

Safest way to store/protect your money 2019

In a perfect world, crypto would be the answer. However, im sure you're not comfortable with that choice especially when dealing with large amounts.

you can try parking it into real estate or stocks but there's downsides to both. Alternatively, you can try parking your money into "digital real estate" like websites, instagram accounts, etc. that have high value. High risk but also potentially high reward.

Still banks are the best option with the least risk to have constant amount. Every other options would bare the risk to loose money, however also bares the chance to make money.
EMIs: not secured at all, exit scam chance
Cryptos: High volatility, 100k in cryptos can be worth 50k or 150k in a week
Real Estates: No liquidity because it could take months to sell it. Volatility is lower
Banks: High liquidity, at least protected for mostly 100k, constant value. (just don't ever go with a pure offshore bank, as they don't protect anything)
You have to die one death :D
Banks don't seem like the best option, but they sadly still are the best option. Everybody will have this problem. Everything else is an investment, and to be honest, no one knows for 100% if a market goes up or down.... . I would still go with banks and have money to plan with

Last edited:
In theory, EMIs should be safer than banks. They are required to keep all e-money in 100% cash reserve (Own Funds). Most EU regulators do a good job keeping an eye on the balance held by EMIs (monthly/quarterly/annual reports), but not much they do if the EMI decides to run away or spend the money recklessly in between inspections.

You can find deposit insurances over 100,000 EUR (I assume EUR). A few examples:
  • Norway: 2 million NOK (200,000 EUR).
  • Australia: 250,000 AUD (155,000 EUR).
  • USA: varies and depends but up to 250,000 USD (225,000 EUR).
As for pure safekeeping (not considering growth), the safest place to put money is probably in multiple, stable banks. Keep an eye on their financial statements and relevant geopolitical and social events.

No holding in cash.

Well this rules out a lot of options. The value of any asset you hold outside cash or bonds will fluctuate up and down against the value of cash.

Subject needs some thought rea#44!. Gold, crypto etc won't work due to volatility.

Banks don't seem like the best option, but they sadly still are the best option.

I do agree that if you would be able to open multiple bank accounts that have the 100K (or more) protection, than that would be a good strategy to reduce your risk indeed.
I have an EU passport but have residency in UAE. EU banks don't want to open personal accounts for me. I haven't tried USA or NO but I can imagine it's the same thing.

For long term storage and some ROI than real estate really is appealing to me. However not now, prices went through the roof and I don't believe it's a good time to buy anything now.

For long term storage and some ROI than real estate really is appealing to me. However not now, prices went through the roof and I don't believe it's a good time to buy anything now.
agricultural land in Europe is a good way how to store money - easy and cheap "maintenance", easy to make some revenue while holding it, fast liquidity - the problem is to find a good deal or the opportunity to buy at all in some regions

agricultural land in Europe is a good way how to store money

I need to look into this. It has been on my list of interests for a while.

I agree everything is simply overvalued due to cheap money.

P.S Please no one tell me to look at property in a small remote village in Romania where people walk around barefoot..thx.

Latest Threads