Our valued sponsor

Saint Vincent and The Grenadines (SVG) IBC / Territorial Taxation

Mr Pink

Aug 7, 2020
Visit site
As the International Business Company (IBC) offshore structure no longer exists in St Vincent due to some changes in early 2019, I understand all companies are now liable to pay 30% tax.

There was a grandfathering provision for IBCs incorporated pre-Dec 2018 but as I understand this comes to an end 30 June 2021 and all companies will be required to pay 30% on worldwide income.

Initially there was talk of the country moving towards a territorial tax structure but it seems no progress has been made on this. Does anyone have any thoughts or update here?

The old Limited Liability Companies Act - Cap151 still has an opt-in to elect a 1% taxation.

search

st vincent International Tax Cooperation (Economic Substance) Act

st vincent income tax amendment

As I understand it, a St Vincent LLC is a "pass-through entity", a "disregarded entity" (my words). Previously taxable on worldwide income on personal level. The income tax amendment transformed it into a territorial tax system.

St Vincent might be back in business if you either have substance + any legal activity or no substance + no ESR relevant activity.

The ESR act had a download counter of 242 so this doesn't seem to be popular?

Hope that helps. Do your own research. Tough stuff.

Latest Threads