Our valued sponsor

Sales Tax in the United States for ecommerce based in Europe

KScyprus

Feb 10, 2021
Visit site
Hello to all.

I have a question for you.

I deal with dropshipping. I have a company in Cyprus and most of my clients are located in the USA (around 80%).

VAT is paid in the country where the good is consumed / received, so I won't have to charge VAT.

As far as I know, there is no VAT in United States, but there is a tax called sales tax.

Can anyone explain to me how it works?

Will I have to pay for it?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: troubled soul
You need to check if you got a "nexus" in the US - storing inventory there or dropshippig from a US warehouse could trigger it. Also there seems to be a eceonomic nexus, compareable with VAT thresholds.

You need to check if you got a "nexus" in the US - storing inventory there or dropshippig from a US warehouse could trigger it. Also there seems to be a eceonomic nexus, compareable with VAT thresholds.

I have no connection with the United States.
Chinese suppliers, Shipping from Hong Kong.

I was inquiring elsewhere and believe I don't have to pay the US Sale Tax.

Molti stati ora richiedono ai venditori senza nexus nello stato di addebitare l'imposta sulle vendite quando si supera una soglia. La soglia inizia da 100.000 a 250.000 all'anno (per ogni stato).
Thanks for the reply. "Fortunately" I am not selling for more than $ 100,000 in any US state. So I should be exempt from a sales tax in Europe.

Latest Threads