Our valued sponsor

SataBank Closed

Those actions they are have taken are clearly illegal as they are discriminator against people of countries they have signed legally binding trade agreements with. See my comment on the subject. If people don't get their money back they are entitled to sue the Malta government for the lost funds, interest and compensation.

Malta really has a problem with corruption and understanding international law. On the lighter side in Malta.....

It may be discrimination,yes.
But it s smart, I m sure satabank got only 10% Maltese customers.
Then it will take them monthes to refund one by one each customers from the first group...then second etc.
Not a lot of people will sue Malta government. I will not .
In many years we will still speak about this scam.
I follow the case not for my money RIP.
Only for the knowledge how this scam has been setted up.

We know that satabank icard Leopay etc... Are same group so I ll not open a new thread. Just keeping on with this scam thread...
This is the answer I got today from Leopay concerning my funds under MFSA seizure ;)

LeuPay.png

LeuPay (Support)

Nov 28, 11:13 EET

Dear Yannick,

The MFSA (Malta Financial Services Authority) have not yet informed us with resolution on the present situation.

Please be advised that once we have more information, you will be notified.

If you need further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
LeoPay Team
Customer Support

My answer :

Listen, I will teach you one thing.
My funds are not in Satabank, stucked any in Satabank linked channels.
So don't hide behind MFSA to not send me back my funds.
Before you decided to terminate my account, my Iban changed to BG first with icard ( you ) and then Unicredit.
My wire transfer since long was sent from Bulgaria.
But let's keep the nice move, I'll send copy of your lies ( over 2 monthes ) to the Bulgarian financial authorities and maybe finally my funds will be stuck at the right place.
And for my personal pleasure I ll call so much Unicredit group ( unfortunately for you I also know them well ) that you can say bye to your Sepa provider victim.
--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.comMail. Please excuse my brevity.
Le 28/11/2018, 11:13 LeuPay Support

BTW: I still was not contacted by SataBank. My private account is eligible for the first round, and I'm a Maltese resident. I suspect they contact Maltese nationals first. But online I found nobody who was contacted yet, I suspect the announcement was just to calm everybody. And interestingly it somewhat succeeded as the frequency of news article dropped since.

Reactions: Bmw850
BTW: I still was not contacted by SataBank. My private account is eligible for the first round, and I'm a Maltese resident. I suspect they contact Maltese nationals first. But online I found nobody who was contacted yet, I suspect the announcement was just to calm everybody. And interestingly it somewhat succeeded as the frequency of news article dropped since.
I think the same.And soon after they refunded some little amount.we will hear that the bank went bankrupty because of not enough liquidity. Lets get a seat some popcorn and look at the show

Day #whatever since I should have been contacted for getting the funds of my private account back. Nothing. Also nobody in my network with eligible accounts. And no one talking about a meeting on social media. Sadly the FB group of Satabank victims has gone private. Still I think that the "We'll start the process Monday" was for a super select group of people (maltese nationals with the right party membership?).

I do not want to join FB for various reasons that do not fit here. So in case somebody can see this groups posts, please let us know if they talk about the meetings happening.

Yes i see a lot of posts about people getting money back, mostly maltese residents, i advice you to join this group as well, name = Victims of SATA bank
I don't have Facebook but I"ll open one for this purpose.
Even I m not eligible for the first group, I'm not Maltese resident, it's good to hear that part has been refunded and let's hope we will all.
Thank you for the share

Nothing new unless you want to join these people in shaming the Malta government :(

Satabank victims to 'advertise' their problems
Plan to reach 5 million people

Satabank victims to 'advertise' their problems

Satabank victims have started a project to make known to millions of European citizens and foreign investors, the problems they are facing and the way in which the government is managing the situation.

Accounts at Satabank, a small international bank, were effectively frozen by the Malta Financial Services Authority last month, with EY (formerly Ernst and Young) appointed to administer the bank’s assets in “the best interests of depositors”.

The move had come after a joint inspection and audit by the MFSA and Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit had found shortcomings in the bank’s anti-money laundering procedures.

Depositors have reportedly slipped into “a state of desperation” after they became unable to access their own funds.

In a statement on Tuesday night, the victims said they planned to organise advertising e-mail and social marketing campaigns to generate an average of 50,000 unique visits and up to 5 million unique users.

They said they have managed to target users who were interested in transferring their business to Malta over the past 12 months.

Their goal was to inform these people of Satabank’s history and the “shameful” management of the situation imposed by the MFSA on EY.

The campaign, they said, would end once Satabank unlocked all company accounts.

-----------------------------

Maltese MFSA is like a miserable beta male with school shooter mentality. I got insulted by a bully, so I will shoot everyone in sight.

BTW. As it stands, there may be no banking options for foreigners who moved themselves or their business to Malta at all. From what I'm reading, Satabank was the only one who opened accounts for foreigners?

I'm currently (happly) using non maltese EMIs without any problem. As long I can receive/do SEPA transfers I'm fine. I also have some friends that could use German Handelsbank. If you want to operate in Malt as a foreigner, I recommend not using a Maltese bank. For my kind of business at least (IT-Consulting). There maybe other businesses where you are required to have a local bank account.

Latest Threads