Our valued sponsor

Seek information about Hong Kong company?

larst

Offshore Agent
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Can you help me with more information about Hong Kong company?

I want to know where to register a company in Hong Kong, fees, requirements and documents needed to get it going?

Do I need to pay in the share capital of a Hong Kong company or is it like the most offshore companies no?

Any information and advise is really appreciated.

Here we go:

Principal Corporate Legislation

Companies Ordinance (Cap 32).

Type of Law

Common.

Language of Legislation and Corporate Documents

Chinese an English.

Type of Company for International Trade, Investment & Tax Planning

Private Limited Company.

Share Capital

Standard authorised share capital is HKD1,000. Minimum paid up share capital is HKD1.

Classes of Share Available

Ordinary shares, preference shares, redeemable shares and shares with or without voting rights.

Bearer Shares

Not permitted.

Restrictions on Trading

Banking, insurance, assurance, reinsurance, fund management, collective investment schemes, trust management, trusteeship business provision are not permitted.

Registered Office Required

Yes, must be maintained in Hong Kong.

Directors

The minimum number of directors is one. Director can be of any nationality and need not be resident in Hong Kong. Corporate directors are permitted.

Shareholders

The minimum number of shareholders is one.

Publicly Accessible Records

Yes.

Nominee Shareholders and Nominee Directors

Allowed.

Location of Meetings of Directors and Shareholders

Anywhere.

Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership to Authorities

No.

Personal Presence Required

No.

Taxation

Hong Kong profits tax is ONLY charged on profits earned from a trade, profession or business carried on in Hong Kong. Thus this means that a company which carries on business in Hong Kong, but earns profits from another place, is not required to pay tax in Hong Kong on those profits. Profit earned inside Hong Kong is currently subject to a rate of taxation of 16.5%. There is no tax in Hong Kong on capital gains, dividends and interest earned.

Double Taxation Treaty Access

Yes.

Requirements to File Accounts

Yes.

Requirement to File Annual Return

None.

Audit Requirements

None.

Currency

Hong Kong dollar (HKD).

Exchange Control

None.

Language of Name

English.

Required Words

Words such as "Assurance", "Bank", "Building Society", "Royal", "Trust Company", "Trustee Company" etc. will require justification.

Name of a Company

The word "Limited" must be part of the name of every company.

Time to Incorporate

Two weeks

For bank account opening you will want to travel to Hong Kong and open an account for the company with one of the major banks there.

Reactions: kanzler and kim
kanzler said:
Who is a reliable company to help incorporate a Hong Kong Company?
AsiaCiti.com based in Singapore but with offices in Hong Kong

Also, healyconsultants.com Again they are based in Singapore but have offices in Hong Kong

I have used both and can recommend them.

Reactions: moneymaker
It may be worth to look into a Hong Kong company formation for my 3 layer offshore company setup so I know where to get it.

@hugger, do you by chance know if we have to travel to Hong Kong for the setup? or can it be done remote?

moneymaker said:
It may be worth to look into a Hong Kong company formation for my 3 layer offshore company setup so I know where to get it.
@hugger, do you by chance know if we have to travel to Hong Kong for the setup? or can it be done remote?
The companies can be set up without you having to travel to Hong Kong.

To open the bank accounts you need to visit the banks in person UNLESS you want to use nominee directors to operate your bank accounts.

hugger said:
To open the bank accounts you need to visit the banks in person UNLESS you want to use nominee directors to operate your bank accounts.
Hugger: That's wrong.

Now you can open bank account in Hong Kong through a Skype Conversation with the Bank. You will have to fax your passport, then to show again your passport on the webcam, etc ... It's pretty easy and simple.

Hugevaluable said:
Affirmative :) - But it will only work for the Bank Account for a Hong Kong registred company.
No personal bank account.
How did you know this? Did they tell you this over the phone or in an email? Or can you provide a link to their Terms an Conditions outlining this process?

I have a couple of companies in Hong Kong and have always had to turn up in person when opening the company bank accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
hugger said:
How did you know this? Did they tell you this over the phone or in an email? Or can you provide a link to their Terms an Conditions outlining this process?
I have a couple of companies in Hong Kong and have always had to turn up in person when opening the company bank accounts.
I know this because i first made my research :) and then spoke with some of my friends who already used it.

HSBC is not promoting so much that services on their websites, but you can find it on the most reliable sources for a bank: Commercial Tarrifs

Launch that research in Google: "An easy guide to commercial tariffs - HSBC HK" and download the first result PDF.

In "General Services - All Accounts" section, you will find: "Opening a company account in Hong Kong via video conference"

For the terms and conditions, i suggest you to contact them.

neal said:
So HSBC bank can with a simple Skype conversation open a real bank account in Hong Kong. That's great news I will try that procedure and report back.
Did you had any luck? Would really appreciate to know the outcome, like many here will :) ?