Our valued sponsor

Seeking a offshore mentor

Kadafen

Aug 24, 2023
BVI
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of offshore finance and I'm looking for a seasoned expert who can guide me on my journey. I'm really eager to understand how to protect my privacy and make money using offshore structures.

I've just set up a company in the British Virgin Islands to manage my investments like shares and tokens, and I'm thinking of expanding it into a full-fledged business once I get the hang of the legal requirements based on where I live.

I've been reading tons of articles and discussions on this awesome website to learn as much as possible. But I've realized that a lot of this advice is really specific to individual situations and locations. So, general advice only takes me so far.

I know there are paid mentorship programs out there, and I plan to join one as soon as I can afford it. But for now, I'm hoping to connect with someone experienced in this field who can offer me some insights.

I might not have a lot to bring to the table right now, especially when it comes to offshore know-how, but who knows what the future holds? I'm committed to giving back to this community once I'm on solid ground, just as I'm hoping to learn from it now.

Looking forward to some awesome connections!

Cheers!

Reactions: Globalarb
You have setup a BVI a company, without knowing exactly why, for managing your investments, but you can’t afford to pay an advisor? bor&%#
I understand where you are coming from.

My bvi setup was given/paid for due to certain work circumstances, and also why i was thrown into this world and how i found this forum.

The purpose was never meant for offshore tax or privacy based benefits, but due to regulatory ease due to crypto related work.

I ended up here as i entered a rabbithole once i started to research the offshore world.

I've just set up a company in the British Virgin Islands to manage my investments like shares and tokens, and I'm thinking of expanding it into a full-fledged business once I get the hang of the legal requirements based on where I live.
This might be a bad idea. Do not mix unrelated activities into one company. Create separate companies for separate activities/projects.

I've been reading tons of articles and discussions on this awesome website to learn as much as possible. But I've realized that a lot of this advice is really specific to individual situations and locations. So, general advice only takes me so far.
It's good that you've done a lot of reading. That's more than most people do. Now, you're probably ready to speak with service providers and lawyers and make the most of it. Use your recently acquired knowledge to weed out time wasters and to guide the advisers' attention towards your goal.

I know there are paid mentorship programs out there, and I plan to join one as soon as I can afford it. But for now, I'm hoping to connect with someone
experienced in this field who can offer me some insights.
Keep asking questions on the forum but for things such as specific tax laws or other legal matters, not even a highly specialized forum or mentorship can substitute legal advice. It can get you further along on your journey and bridge the gap. But if you need answers regarding specific legal questions, you need a lawyer.

Reactions: Kadafen
Care about the lawyer international experience, some of the smaller law firms 5 - 10 layers in the company are the best to help you and keep the bill reasonable. Depending on where you live you may find a law firm with international experience in the nearest big town.

Reactions: Kadafen
This might be a bad idea. Do not mix unrelated activities into one company. Create separate companies for separate activities/projects.

It's good that you've done a lot of reading. That's more than most people do. Now, you're probably ready to speak with service providers and lawyers and make the most of it. Use your recently acquired knowledge to weed out time wasters and to guide the advisers' attention towards your goal.

Keep asking questions on the forum but for things such as specific tax laws or other legal matters, not even a highly specialized forum or mentorship can substitute legal advice. It can get you further along on your journey and bridge the gap. But if you need answers regarding specific legal questions, you need a lawyer.
Really apreciate your anwser thank you.

I for sure will find me a lawyer, rhey are just not so easy to find when it is offshore relates.. atleast not where I am from, but i will my eyes open!

The general lawyer who helped me setup my company told me that this company will opperate as a holding, but as bvi dont have holding company form, i could also do small business activies.

Care about the lawyer international experience, some of the smaller law firms 5 - 10 layers in the company are the best to help you and keep the bill reasonable. Depending on where you live you may find a law firm with international experience in the nearest big town.
Will do, thank you! - Love to take a reccomendation if possible.

Will keep my eyes open in the meantime!

Latest Threads