Our valued sponsor

Seeking Advice: Anonymously Running a Legal Online Business

JeeJee

Dec 29, 2023
London
Visit site
Dear Reader,
I run an online platform where we sell certification training. For personal reasons, I prefer not to have my business operations tied directly to my name. My main concern is to explore ways to structure my business in a manner that allows for this anonymity while ensuring that I am compliant with all legal and tax obligations. It's crucial that my name is not linked in any capacity, even indirectly through nominees or other entities.

Key points I need guidance on:
  • Strategies for business registration anonymously.
  • Using a nominee director/legal entity for privacy.
  • Recommended legal structures or jurisdictions.
  • Managing finances and taxes privately but legally.
Your expertise and any guidance or resources you could share would be immensely valuable.

Thank you.

If all you want is to not be on public record, you can either go for secretive jurisdiction like BVI, Mauritius, Caymans, Labuan, or the US or form a company in a jurisdiction without public UBO register and simply use a nominee.

If you do that, your involvement is only known to the financial service providers you work with and the government where the company is incorporated. Once the bank submits a report under CRS (if applicable), your home country can/will know about the involvement as well.

But the public wouldn't.

Thank you for your insight. While I appreciate the suggested approaches involving jurisdictions with more privacy-friendly regulations or the use of nominees, my objective extends beyond avoiding public disclosure. Specifically, I aim to establish a company structure where my involvement remains undisclosed not only to the public but also to government and financial institutions, including for operations involving traditional banking and payment processing services like Stripe.

Considering our business already accepts cryptocurrency, which offers a degree of anonymity, we are exploring how to integrate conventional payment methods without compromising our privacy standards. I understand this presents unique challenges, especially in adhering to legal and tax obligations while remaining anonymous to both government entities and financial service providers.

You can treat yourself to a Mentor Group Gold membership and get a detailed description of how you can easily and without much trouble solve your problem by following this link.