Our valued sponsor

Seems like an error with gov.uk corporation tax

manoaratefy

Dec 4, 2018
Visit site
Good morning,

I just received a notice that I have a late fee now. But as far as I know, I already filled 0£ check for the payment as I'm not eligible for any tax.

At this time, I'm outside UK and my company doesn't have any bank account. How could I pay the late fee, as my credit card are not supported?

Thank you for help.

Reactions: anotherone
If you need to get local UK bank account and access to BACS, CHAPS or FPS, try opening a TransferWise account. It comes with a local UK/GBP account.

To expedite the matter, you can probably pay the fine from a personal account. It may create a bit of an accounting challenge to solve but it's faster than going through the hassle of opening a business account with TransferWise.

Can I pay with personal bank account from Madagascar? (I'm currently living on this country) I can do international wire transfer with this bank.

Also, I'm asking, the late fee is very big for me, I can only pay the first 100£ late fee now and the second 100£ later. How can I ask reporting due date? I didn't see any contact form about this on gov.uk

I spend at least 10 minutes to try to find any contact method other then the live chat but can't find it neither. Anyone have a link to the contact information the the HM Revenue & Customs ?

Could it have been a spam email you received?

A lot of spam emails go around supposedly from "HMRC".

You can call HMRC to check (but don't use any number in the email), or - if you have one - log on to your online account and check what it says there (but don't click any links to HMRC in the email - open up a fresh browser page and search for the HMRC website and go from there instead).

Good morning,

I just received a notice that I have a late fee now. But as far as I know, I already filled 0£ check for the payment as I'm not eligible for any tax.

At this time, I'm outside UK and my company doesn't have any bank account. How could I pay the late fee, as my credit card are not supported?

Thank you for help.
Did you file a tax return?

After long checking, I found that I didn't filled tax return for HMRC (but Companies House filled). For this, I admit, I did an error and I'm ready to pay the late fee.

But I received two late fee, and the second one is on a very short account date (17 May 2019 to 31 May 2019).

I'm asking, how much time per year I have to fill company tax return?

After long checking, I found that I didn't filled tax return for HMRC (but Companies House filled). For this, I admit, I did an error and I'm ready to pay the late fee.

But I received two late fee, and the second one is on a very short account date (17 May 2019 to 31 May 2019).

you have to fill it only once every year.
did you file your late corporate tax ?
You receive several late fees because they count the number of days after the deadline when you had to pay the corporation date.

Time after your deadlinePenalty
1 day£100
3 monthsAnother £100
6 monthsHM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will estimate your Corporation Tax bill and add a penalty of 10% the unpaid tax
12 monthsAnother 10% of any unpaid tax

I guess it's a new company and the few days until beginning of next accounting year must be filed separately.
You have 9 months to file a tax return.

If the company is dormant I think you can file another form notifying them that it's dormant, then you don't to file a tax return.

Good morning,

I talked with webchat of HMRC today and they give me all clarifications.

According to them, I had to align my accounting period to the end of the month, so my late penalty is two because I had to fill two company tax return (18 May 2018 to 17 May 2019 and 18 May 2019 to 31 May 2019).

They also explained me the way to pay from overseas, they provide IBAN to perform bank wire with my personal account in my current country.

Reactions: anotherone