Our valued sponsor

Selling African business, UK resident

Macint

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys
I will be selling my start-up business in renewable energy in Senegal in january 2021 for $2 million (was no going to sell, but got good solid offer & buyer) I am British born and UK resident, the Senegal company shares are held personally by me currently, the tax on selling shares in Senegal is 30% and I like to put a structure in place before I conclude contracts and buyer is ok with that.

I would like to set up a Holding Company in Europe preferably (but will look at other options) that will own shares in a new subsidiary company to buy my shares in the Senegal company at cost, after i intend conclude agreement to sell the subsidiary company shares to the new buyer of the shares and put the $2 million into the holding company

1. Where do you guys think best to set up holding company?
2. Where is best to have a subsidiary company so that I can get the funds back to the Holding Company with minimum tax?
3. When have funds in the bank after the sale intend to use holding company to invest into other countries in eastern europe real estate & some in African renewable energy projects again?
4. Is the UK option for a Holding Company with me as a UK tax resident personally?
5. What are the implications for myself personally if any on the above as I'm quite happy to let the funds within the companies?

I have a lot of experience in Eastern Europe as well and hopefully will contribute in the forum in the months ahead with advice.