Our valued sponsor

Seychelles company with or without nominee director and shareholder?

mert

Offshore Agent
Business Angel
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you think is best, a Seychelles company with nominee director and shareholder or without? The company will be 100% shareholder in a Cyprus trading company.

Or would you place the nominees in the Cyprus company?

What do you try to achieve if I may ask? Most are perfectly fine with a simple Seychelles company and a nominee director to maintain their privacy.

For maximum privacy you may want to appoint a nominee shareholder and director. If privacy is out of question you are fine with a simple Seychelles IBC. If nominees are appointed don't forget to order a Power of Attorney (PoA).

It is useful to have at least a nominee director appointed since he will be able to sign contracts and agreements on behalf of the Seychelles company should that be required.

Reactions: mert
Appoint a nominee director and shareholder for your Seychelles company it is worth the money if privacy matters.

I agree, for an additional layer of privacy you will want to appoint a nominee director at least. It is not just the privacy protection from being listed at a public registry you are looking at but as well and utmost the anonymity when the offshore company has to sign agreements and contracts.

I have a similar question, because at this point I don't really need nominees (I'm a small fish and I travel a lot), but is it possible to appoint them later? And does it, actually, make any sense then? Because I understand the founding documents would be signed in my name first and then I would be responsible for signing all of the contracts? Yet, if add nominees later - the old documentation still stays somewhere? Or it doesn't need to?

What bothers me is if I want to build a brand and eventually settle down somewhere in a few years I would most definitely like more privacy then - but because I didn't have nominees in the past, would that compromise this anonymity? It sounds safer to set it up initially using nominees rather than appoint them later?

You can appoint the nominees at any time you want. Just have in mind that there ar additional costs because you will need NEW incorporation documents so reflecting the actual ownership of the company, directors and shareholders. This should actually answer both of your first questions :)

Depends what the risk is for you that your name appears from the past?

Well, I'm just wondering what the risk could be ;) I'm very careful with this because my home country in EU has one very vague condition determining tax residence and I wouldn't like anybody digging in the past once Seychelles signs more TIEA's (if they do it). As I was saying, right now I'm not worried, but if I build something bigger and would require more privacy I would like to avoid any links from the past that would indicate that I am the rightful owner of the company, who just decided to be replaced by nominees at one point. Is there any such trace left in documents in Seychelles?

if the owner wants privacy then having nominee director and shareholder is a good start.. but note that not all agent will give the real service of directorship to a client.. that is if nominee director is given then power of attorney will be issued to the owner or whoever the client appoints to handle the activities of the company or to himself... so i guess it all depends how you structure your company so that the real owner details does not appear at all on the company.. therefore the owner should determine his structure first and his objectives