Our valued sponsor

Seychelles International business company - same as IBC ?

happyjohn

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,Stupid question, but is a Seychelles International Business company the same as a Seychelles IBC and Seychelles company?I found some information here http://www.egov.sc/business/ForeignBusiness.aspxWhen I look in the documents that I got for our own SC company I can't find the term IBC nor International Business Company anywhere, so I was wondering what this is and what benefits or downsides there may be for such entity?That said I can of course find it on the certificate for the company I got, but I thought it apply for the authority that has finally registered the company i.e. SIBA or registrar of Seychelles!

seychelles international business company.jpg

I have been looking here aswell as many other sites /company-formation/seychelles-ibc/ibc-company-fee.html it says company registration not something about the IBC?Hope someone can help with some input.PS: I found the link on Wikipedia More... that's very helpful but still I'm not clear on it./monthly_2015_05/574741ca4df7b_seychellesinternationalbusinesscompany.jpg.e68c8952171d2297f10110a56d71ae08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's two different entities. International business Company may be another Word for Seychelles offshore Company, means Companies that are not doing business within the Seychelles! A regular Seychelles Company doing local business I doubt is called a IBC!

Does that mean a local registered company in the Seychelles can't do business international and a IBC can't do business within the Seychelles?
Yes, this is exactly what it all is about. If you do business locally, local corporate tax apply, you may look the rates up on google. This is also how it works for most jurisdiction that house offshore companies.

Reactions: happyjohn
Yes, this is exactly what it all is about. If you do business locally, local corporate tax apply, you may look the rates up on google. This is also how it works for most jurisdiction that house offshore companies.
Thank you, found a certificate sample in another thread.. myfault..

Reactions: bothe
You may want to learn more about the International Business Companies Act for Seychelles companies http://www.applebyglobal.com/publication-pdf-versions/guides/guide-to-ibcs-in-seychelles-%28february-2014%29.pdf it's well informative.

This Guide is concerned primarily with ?international business companies?, being companies
incorporated under the International Business Companies Act, 1994;

little reference has, therefore, been made to those provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1972 which regulate the carrying on of business by local companies in Seychelles as well as for those offshore business companies whose business purpose excludes them from being incorporated under the International Business Companies Act, 1994, including banks and insurance companies. Companies wishing to benefit

from the various double taxation treaties to which the Seychelles are a party should also be formed under the Companies Ordinance, but apply for special licences pursuant to the Companies (Special Licences) Act, 2003. Please see our Guide to Special Licence Companies in Seychelles for more information.

Your certificate say it clear International Business Company ;)

Sometimes you open a thread to fast and post before you're researching things :)
I believe you lol

Why has this been discussed at first? Does it matter if your company is called International Business Company or simply Offshore company?
I was curious to know about it. Also as I researched it seems that an IBC has the privilege to be tax excempted which a regular Company in an offshore jurisdictions does not have. That's why I wanted to be sure it is an offshore IBC i own and not something local / onshore.

I was curious to know about it. Also as I researched it seems that an IBC has the privilege to be tax excempted which a regular Company in an offshore jurisdictions does not have. That's why I wanted to be sure it is an offshore IBC i own and not something local / onshore.
thank you fpr clarification. If you don't know something you have to ask or do research the latter don't gave me a clear picture about offshore ibc's back at time when I didn't know. We have been in the same boat happyjohn.

Reactions: happyjohn
thank you fpr clarification. If you don't know something you have to ask or do research the latter don't gave me a clear picture about offshore ibc's back at time when I didn't know. We have been in the same boat happyjohn.
Exactly, have a nice day :)