Our valued sponsor

Sheikh Rashid predictions :)

Of course most startups in the US were started by Americans (although a high percentage were formed by immigrants). People say the weirdest things on this forum.
Haha. Yeah, the ones started by American passport holders were started by (grand)-children of immigrants.

I don't really see the relevance of citizenship in startups. It's not about where the founder is born in my opinion. It's about the society that's in place that is deemed a good basis for entrepreneurship. America is on point with this (good society for business, abysmal society for average living). Dubai has been working this out as well. A good business environment is the number one reason Northern Europe is so wealthy.

The same thing that happened decades ago in the US is starting to happen in the ME and I don't see a difference between foreigners flocking to the US in search for a better life and Dubai these past few years. Natives didn't develop the current Americas neither did bedouins in the ME.

Haha. Yeah, the ones started by American passport holders were started by (grand)-children of immigrants.

I don't really see the relevance of citizenship in startups. It's not about where the founder is born in my opinion. It's about the society that's in place that is deemed a good basis for entrepreneurship. America is on point with this (good society for business, abysmal society for average living). Dubai has been working this out as well. A good business environment is the number one reason Northern Europe is so wealthy.
You basically gave the answer is the first sentence.

Since its almost impossible to get the UAE Citizenship, most people only stay in dubai for a certain period of time and then go back or home or somewhere else where they don't have constantly to worry about visa issues.

Reactions: Golden Fleece