Our valued sponsor

Show company adress on website

Dave

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi!
I wonder if it is absolutely necessary to show company adress on a website - when applying for corporate accounts with EMI or offshore banks? I aks this because even if the registers in St Vincent are absent - I am a little bti uncomfortable showing the adress of the COMPANY REGISTRATOR - as they hold my personal info and migth in theory be bribed to reveal them.
Dave

or can I show a UK post box and tell that it has forwarding enabled? will banks norammy check if the site shows the company adress?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it is absolutely necessary to show company adress on a website - when applying for corporate accounts with EMI or offshore banks?

Do you mean show on your own website or a third-party website? If you mean your own website that is down to EMI. I have never applied for a company account and needed a website for my company. Then again it depends on your activity.

If you are offering services to the general public then company address or at least clear contact details should be known. It is 2019 you can't be offering services or selling items to the public via an anonymous website unless you are up to no good. An EMI or bank will look down on that big time.

p.s worse case add and then after approval think whether it is still needed ca#"!.

Put the contact details behind a captcha and then somehow after approval the captcha stops working properly smi(&%. Claim spam protection is reason for doing this.

You don't need an address on a website. Some merchant processor requires it (Adyen is one), while others like Stripe doesn't.
You might want to add it to build trust, depending on the product you are selling.