Our valued sponsor

Simple EMI or offshore bank account

Nemertes

Mar 17, 2021
Greece
Visit site
Hello. I am glad to have found this forum, I get lot's of info.

So here is my situation. I am a freelancer working with clients all over the world and have also some affiliate earnings. Not much as many of you, under 3k in a month. So I was using my local bank in Greece, but now trying to find a bank of an EMI abroad to open a simple account with just an IBAN and a debit card, prefferably somekind untreacable for now as I do not have a legal company yet, hopefully in a year I will need help on this also.

So I have tried Lithuanian companies, as suggested here, like Wise and Bankera, but both give me trouble with my id and require a passport or an id with expiration date. I have done many verifications in other sites with these docs, I don't know why things have changed so much.

So do you have any suggestions for a simple EMI or bank that can give me an IBAN and a simple debit card? And of course won't hold my money or give me troubles? Something for simple, daily use.

Thanks, Nem

Reactions: clemens and blizz
If you can't even provide a valid passport or ID, you're not going to be able to get any EMI. The days of easy-going banking are gone. Financial regulations are tighter than ever, and getting tighter.

These days, you will have to provide the very least a valid form of ID, and usually a proof of address and automated or manual video conference ID verification.

Thanks for your reply. It seems that my id is in the old format, meaning handwritten and companies use automated systems, so they cannot recognise it. This is the third response I got from a company.

So is there a company that uses real people to do the checks? And you can communicate with them without these automated responses?

If you're an EU citizen, financial institutions expect you to have a modern biometric EU-standard passport. You will have to get one of those if you want to have access to EMIs or any foreign bank. Chances are only local Greek banks will accept handwritten IDs.

You can try Viva Wallet since they're Greek, though.

You must go to your authority for issuing passport and other legal documents that can provide you with a up to date passport, otherwise your will not be able to open anything now a days.

So here is my situation. I am a freelancer working with clients all over the world and have also some affiliate earnings. Not much as many of you, under 3k in a month. So I was using my local bank in Greece, but now trying to find a bank of an EMI abroad to open a simple account with just an IBAN and a debit card, prefferably somekind untreacable for now as I do not have a legal company yet, hopefully in a year I will need help on this also.

So I have tried Lithuanian companies, as suggested here, like Wise and Bankera, but both give me trouble with my id and require a passport or an id with expiration date. I have done many verifications in other sites with these docs, I don't know why things have changed so much.

So do you have any suggestions for a simple EMI or bank that can give me an IBAN and a simple debit card? And of course won't hold my money or give me troubles? Something for simple, daily use.
I don't understand. You don't have passport? Provide them your passport and that'll be it. Or what's the issue?

If you can't even provide a valid passport or ID, you're not going to be able to get any EMI. The days of easy-going banking are gone. Financial regulations are tighter than ever, and getting tighter.

These days, you will have to provide the very least a valid form of ID, and usually a proof of address and automated or manual video conference ID verification.
Hello - sorry to bump but I'd like to ask does Transferwise or Revolut do video conference ID verification on 10-20k EURO monthly transactions? I am considering to use them but need to know this information. Thank you.

Hello - sorry to bump but I'd like to ask does Transferwise or Revolut do video conference ID verification on 10-20k EURO monthly transactions? I am considering to use them but need to know this information. Thank you.
next time open a new thread rather then hijacking someone else with a new / different question ;)

It depends on country, I have not made any video verification with them and have both personal and business account.

It can happen at any point. I've seen Wise ask require it seemingly out of nowhere (no transactions in/out for a few days prior, nothing unusual).

I guess Revout seems like a better bet? What about Bankera? Is it suitable for completely personal use? Can I stealth verify it, and is it usable without business stuff it asks like TINI number etc?
Revolut is stable but sucks in regards to reporting.

OP what EMI or Bank did you find any one from this forum or different?

You need to have your documentation in place. Most often it is also required to explain your business to the EMI of choice before you start using them. Get it on email or other way that they are okay and know your business.

Do your homework and most often you will avoid to fail. PayPal in this case is an exception, they are total fail.