Our valued sponsor

Singapore personal bank account introducer?

bibing

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Does anybody here offer services to introduce people to open personal bank accounts in Singapore?

I would like to open one there + debit card. 50k USD initial deposit. Clean money, no crap going around it. Actually can show proof of funds.

Can do that without flying and without SG residency?

I currently hold citizenship and residency in a EU tax-raping country.

Moving to PH next January.

Honestly I'm open to consider other countries in Asia but not sure if it is possible to do that.

Reactions: Marios
Those are all "Premier" accounts though, right? I was looking for a "normal" account.
Not going to happen in Singapore as a non-resident foreigner. Those days are gone. You can try but your chances of success are very, very low.

By the way, do they open those Premier accounts without the need to visit?
Yes. A visit can help, but is not required.

Try downloading HSBC Singapore bank and open an account through the app. In my case I was able to get the account instantly as a non-resident.
You must have been very lucky then, because when I try it, there are quite a few complications with just getting through the questions they have and the information they require for not being from Singapore.

tried to contact them a couple of times few months ago (UOB and OCBC), either they did not reply or they said that the personal visit is necessary even for Premier account or higher level.
That is why I was thinking an Introducer could help. For some people it is easier to travel for others it is preferable to pay an introducer rather than plane and hotel

Does anybody here offer services to introduce people to open personal bank accounts in Singapore?

I would like to open one there + debit card. 50k USD initial deposit. Clean money, no crap going around it. Actually can show proof of funds.

Can do that without flying and without SG residency?

I currently hold citizenship and residency in a EU tax-raping country.

Moving to PH next January.

Honestly I'm open to consider other countries in Asia but not sure if it is possible to do that.
For the amount in question, it doesn't make sense to bother with Singapore. You will be very well served in the Philippines, where your $50,000 will make you a Premier customer instantly. Look for "Unibanks" (universal banks).

Reactions: bibing
surely a bank in Philippines could be an interesting option for many readers.
Yet, going back to the title of this discussion: if anybody knows a reliable introducer for a personal bank account at UOB/OCBC/DBS singapore that would be great!
As discussed previously in other similar threads, it could be easier with Citi, Hsbc, Standard Chartered, but everybody has different specific circumstances, needs and preferences.

surely a bank in Philippines could be an interesting option for many readers.
Yet, going back to the title of this discussion: if anybody knows a reliable introducer for a personal bank account at UOB/OCBC/DBS singapore that would be great!
As discussed previously in other similar threads, it could be easier with Citi, Hsbc, Standard Chartered, but everybody has different specific circumstances, needs and preferences.
You don't need to get a specific introducer just fill up the form on the website and they will contact you.

Reactions: Forester
What's the purpose of the account.

Reason i ask, you can simply take payment in XSGD and then convert to USDC and withdraw to any account via a OTC, or even convert XSGD into other currencies and send to other accounts world wide.

It gives you exposure to SGD but with faster financial movements and strong liquidity, without the need to go through the hassle of a SGD account.

Even during a bear market the secondary market liquidity lows are on avg 1m per day (it's a regulated entity) so funds are SAFU.

You don't need to get a specific introducer just fill up the form on the website and they will contact you.
Dear Jbb1, thanks for quick reply, but as I wrote yesterday:
tried to contact them a couple of times few months ago (UOB and OCBC), either they did not reply or they said that the personal visit is necessary even for Premier account or higher level.
That is why I was thinking an Introducer could help. For some people it is easier to travel for others it is preferable to pay an introducer rather than plane and hotel

Dear Jbb1, thanks for quick reply, but as I wrote yesterday:
An introducer won't help, they need to verify your documents in person, if you don't have a branch in your country of residence then you will need to travel.

Reactions: Forester
What's the purpose of the account.

Reason i ask, you can simply take payment in XSGD and then convert to USDC and withdraw to any account via a OTC, or even convert XSGD into other currencies and send to other accounts world wide.

It gives you exposure to SGD but with faster financial movements and strong liquidity, without the need to go through the hassle of a SGD account.

Even during a bear market the secondary market liquidity lows are on avg 1m per day (it's a regulated entity) so funds are SAFU.
Dear Wellington, thanks for the valuable and interesting suggestion.
For my case it is not applicable though, no need to move money around and nothing to do with digital/crypto world, simply the old dear diversification of banking risk, dont keep all eggs in one basket.

An introducer won't help, they need to verify your documents in person, if you don't have a branch in your country of residence then you will need to travel.
That is what they say and it is understandable given how strict became all banks in the world.
What I cannot reconcile is that I keep reading even on this forum about people who were able to open an account at OCBC remotely even for a company. In theory a personal account should be much easier to process and yet...

I will keep trying once in a while, perhaps some day a more flexible agent will pick up my request. Or I will keep searching for an introducer until maybe one day I will be able to travel there in person.

@jkl197 somebody mentioned HSBC Singapore will probably do that.

Not sure if they need you to fly in but if you have an HSBC in your country I think HSBC Singapore will ask you to go there to verify your documents.

Try to install the app and see if it suits your needs.

I have been a customer of HSBC in another jurisdiction but I prefer to not bank with them this time, so this is not an option for me.

What is a Unibank?

Do you mean UnionBank?
"Universal bank " (i.e. UniBank) is a regulatory term.
The Philippines has several different bank types, of which the largest ones are universal banks. A universal bank offers all the usual banking products, incl. investment products + is able to process your SWIFT in house.
Other categories are, e.g.: cooperative bank (popular term 'rural bank'), savings bank, commercial bank (universal bank), thrift bank.

The specific bank you mentioned is considered to be a universal bank.

Dear Wellington, thanks for the valuable and interesting suggestion.
For my case it is not applicable though, no need to move money around and nothing to do with digital/crypto world, simply the old dear diversification of banking risk, dont keep all eggs in one basket.
Hi, well that’s what it would be XSGD are digitalised SGD

1-1 backing

Difference is you have the safety of SGD but the liquidity outside of Singapore itself

Latest Threads