Our valued sponsor

Skrill USD to bank account or ETF

SF905

May 29, 2021
Poland
Visit site
Hello guys.
My ultimate goal is to invest USD from my Skrill account into something passive like S&P 500 ETF. Any Ideas of the best way to do so?
Below are the options I am currently considering, and I don't like any of those risk- or commission-wise:

1) Deposit from Skrill to a broker. Pretty straightforward, right? I found out though that reputable brokers that have passive investment instruments don't normally consider anything but the bank transfer. And I am not in the EU, so certain options like Etoro which could've been helpful are not available (well, actually I can come to the UK but as far as I understand the country is so overregulated that financial operations with it may become a headache, so I am keeping it as one of the last solutions, but let me know if I'm wrong here). And all the Skrill-accepting brokers focus on daily trading and CFDs thus charge bad fees on overnight positions, so I can lose 3-6% p/a on commissions which devaluates the whole idea.
2) Skrill can be withdrawn to a bank account... for a fee. Even with a Silver+ VIP-status the USD will have to be exchanged to EUR, then (as I need USD in the end) - back to USD. Considering Skrill draconic fees for the currency exchange, it may result in a 4-5% commission overall.
3) Skrill can be withdrawn to a VISA card. With a Silver+ status it does not incur any commissions but it can only be withdrawn in $2500 increments and I am not sure of how the bank will react to a bunch of such similar recurring transactions. Card limits may also impose certain limitations here.

Please let me know what you think. What am I missing? What would be the most cost-effective way of transfiguring Skrill USD into a bank account USD or an index fund investment?

Reactions: troubled soul
Alpaca accepts USD bank account for funding, wire and ACH.
We do issue USD checking accounts you can link to Skrill and send money to, in other words >

Skrill > Sifr > Alpaca.
or
Skrill > Sifr (USD >> USDT) > FTX or any crypto exchange that has SPY index (non US users.).

Any other ideas, anyone?
What @menzu is offering still looks like an option 2 (3) from my list.
Maybe there is a broker somewhere that does not charge long-term investment with crazy overnight swaps and operates with non-EU countries? I stumbled upon Libertex but they have a 1.9% deposit and a 1% withdrawal commissions for Skrill. So, not ideal, though an option.