Our valued sponsor

so , bank account in Georgia for non resident is over ,whats next?

Georgia is not officially committed to CRS AEOI. Some bueraucrat talking to another does not count as much. Signature on the paper does.

But USD accounts are a little harder to get. Lari is relatively easier. They are moving up the value chain a little, not taking every small fish any more.

Last edited:
@Sh0w3n from the local consultant I hired, members on here and other people who have shared their experiences, I have not heard or read any credible suggestion that Georgia is a good place for offshore business banking. Georgian banks are not likely to want to deal with a business that isn't selling in, to or from Georgia, even if the company is registered here and even if you live here.

If you have a business here, providing goods or services to export from here then Georgia has some big advantages. If an online service business, expect to show the bank your invoices, contracts etc so that they can see they you are generally doing business from Georgia, not just laundering money through the banking system.

You do not need to be resident in Georgia to open a bank account (those claims in this thread have been answered). That means that if someone wishes to move here, they can open their Georgian personal account on day 1 with far less bureaucracy than most places.

Georgia is not officially committed to CRS AEOI. Some bueraucrat talking to another does not count as much. Signature on the paper does.

But USD accounts are a little harder to get. Lari is relatively easier. They are moving up the value chain a little, not taking every small fish any more.

Why only usd accounts are harder ? Is it due to their correspondence banks issue ? Mind you US govt is always dangling this USD sword on the rest of the world. I wish there was another stable reserve option as US govt is too much.

Latest Threads