Our valued sponsor

SS4 form for EIN

Cazorla

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

Does anybody know, should I fill SS4 form digitally if I am sending it with fax ? Also, should a signature also be digital or I need to print the paper, sign it with pen and than scan it and send it ? Random question but just want to be sure.

Thank you.

Open the SS4 form PDF in your browser, fill it out digitally, print, sign by hand.

MHO I would physically mail it, faxing seems problematic, it's like IRS is ignoring fax applications. stupi#21

Maybe their fax machine is out of toner smi(&%

If you send it by registered mail or DHL/UPS at least you would have proof that your application was received.

Open the SS4 form PDF in your browser, fill it out digitally, print, sign by hand.

MHO I would physically mail it, faxing seems problematic, it's like IRS is ignoring fax applications. stupi#21

Maybe their fax machine is out of toner smi(&%

If you send it by registered mail or DHL/UPS at least you would have proof that your application was received.
And what if I still send it by fax, is there a problem if I send it from one fax number (online fax like eFax) and receive it on the same fax, but after few months or doing business I change the fax number ? What I want to ask, am I allowed during my business days to change my fax number, this one put in SS4 doesn't need to be my fax number forever, it is only important until I receive EIN confirmation from IRS, right?

And what if I still send it by fax, is there a problem if I send it from one fax number (online fax like eFax) and receive it on the same fax, but after few months or doing business I change the fax number ? What I want to ask, am I allowed during my business days to change my fax number, this one put in SS4 doesn't need to be my fax number forever, it is only important until I receive EIN confirmation from IRS, right?

IRS is going to send you a confirmation first by fax and some time after an official letter with the EIN posted to your RA.

And to answer your question, fax number you used to send and receive the EIN matters only untill you receive the EIN.
That means you can use a fax app.
Afterwards all offical mail from IRS is going to be posted to you RA.

IRS is going to send you a confirmation first by fax and some time after an official letter with the EIN posted to your RA.

And to answer your question, fax number you used to send and receive the EIN matters only untill you receive the EIN.
That means you can use a fax app.
Afterwards all offical mail from IRS is going to be posted to you RA.
Thanks a lot!

Just one more random question lol. When I print it out for signing, it is going to be A4 paper size because that one is here in Europe. In the US is a little bit different. Is that A4 still fine for the IRS ? I just don't want to get in a situation of being rejected because of that :/
Always done all in A4, never had any problem with 4 companies in US.
Regarding EIN: as in several posts in another thread, IRS became slower than a third world tax office. So if you did all correctly, take a break and just wait, mine took 4 months and still waiting other from 2020.

Does anyone know about line 16 on the SS-4 form, how important is to be very precise? Or better say, can that impact my tax status if the IRS take a look at that line 16 and make desicion on my tax, based on what I have put over there? I am not sure should I put "transportation and warehouse" or "other".

If my type of business should not pay any taxes in the US per a lot of CPA's, can I make a mistake on that line 16 and screw that up and after that end up in paying taxes in US because of that ? Or that line 16 is not that important to IRS ?

Thank you.

Does anyone know about line 16 on the SS-4 form, how important is to be very precise? Or better say, can that impact my tax status if the IRS take a look at that line 16 and make desicion on my tax, based on what I have put over there? I am not sure should I put "transportation and warehouse" or "other".

If my type of business should not pay any taxes in the US per a lot of CPA's, can I make a mistake on that line 16 and screw that up and after that end up in paying taxes in US because of that ? Or that line 16 is not that important to IRS ?

Thank you.
How about you hire some Agent from the US to fill and fax SS4 form on behalf of you, so you do not worry you made a mistake or that the fax was not sent correctly? You can hire them for less than 100 USD to do everything for you.

How about you hire some Agent from the US to fill and fax SS4 form on behalf of you, so you do not worry you made a mistake or that the fax was not sent correctly? You can hire them for less than 100 USD to do everything for you.
I am going with Northwest registered agent and they are charging $200 only for SS4 and that is too much. So I decided to do that part myself. Other than that, they will do it for me.

Latest Threads