Our valued sponsor

Stimulus Fails

Mockingbird

Offshore Agent
May 20, 2009
Visit site
Obamas stimulus seems to have failed, it is reported that many states never used the funds in the manner they were meant, namely to stimulate new jobs. In stead they used the funds to plug budget gaps. Now citizens are crying for more a second stimulus. Will america be able to escape this financial nightmare with a second stimulus?

As much as I didn't like his stimulus plan, I think it's still too early to judge its failure or success. Let's make it through the summer and see what happens in the fall. Personally, I still think he would have been better of given money to the taxpayers and letting us spend the money to building companies back up for the consumer level.

tongyun said:
As much as I didn't like his stimulus plan, I think it's still too early to judge its failure or success. Let's make it through the summer and see what happens in the fall. Personally, I still think he would have been better of given money to the taxpayers and letting us spend the money to building companies back up for the consumer level.
Yes I think I would have liked to see more of this go out as small business loans or start up funds. Even though most small businesses on't make it some will, and at startup the money will go right back in the economy

The one thing that concerns me is that there is talk about possibly releasing another stimulus package. When I read stuff like this in the news, I just think about how far in debt this country will be and the impact it'll have on my kids when they grow up.

There are two ways to deal with a crisis such as this one. One way is to throw a lot of money at the problem and the second is to try and reduce costs. Perhaps they should have a look at the amount of money they are spending in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I totally agree Jamesb.

The money spent in Iraq and Afghanistan is horrendously unacceptable! I can't believe we still have our men and citizens over there! Why haven't we pulled out?

If they are worried about leaving the country in rumbles, they shouldn't. We need to worry about us first.

Mockingbird said:
Obamas stimulus seems to have failed, it is reported that many states never used the funds in the manner they were meant, namely to stimulate new jobs. In stead they used the funds to plug budget gaps. Now citizens are crying for more a second stimulus. Will america be able to escape this financial nightmare with a second stimulus?
I think that your post confirms the statement that the road to hell ordinary have been made with the good designs. I think the governments of the countries with the undeveloped economy are generally consisting of the not experienced and corrupted politicians.