Our valued sponsor

Stocks investments company

bisk

Feb 1, 2019
Malta
Visit site
I would like to create a company that would invest in shares on stock exchanges around the world. I am EU citizen and resident.

I hope for:
- 0% tax on capital gains
- EU-friendly solution
- preferably no audits, because of costs
- preferably no accounting or cheap, because of costs
- preferably no license, in case of funds etc.

But probably there's no best solution. Trading using personal account would result in high personal tax.

Can you suggest company jurisdiction, company type and bank account jurisdiction?

Do you actually live in Malta or just having a residence? Did you requested a tax residence certificate? How smooth it goes with malteese residence in general?
I live here. You cannot request a tax residence certificate by yourself. Only banks and governments can do that. For EU citizens it's easy to get any other EU residence if you move there.

My residence is non-dom Malta. Ontario LP won't be taxed in Canada and it won't be taxed in Malta because of territorial basis. However CFC can be a problem.
Maybe ...

"an entity or permanent establishment with accounting profits of no more than €750,000, and nontrading income of no more than €75,000 or of which the accounting profits amount to no more than 10% of its operating costs for the tax period falls outside scope of CFC taxation."

Just open an Estonian company with LHV bank account and use their IB white label platform to trade or IB directly. You don't pay any corporate income tax in Estonia for profits that are not distributed also so re-investing and compounding is possible. Just get written approval from Malta Commissioner that this does not affect your non-dom tax status for CFC purposes. You should do this anyway for any offshore structure you plan while being a non-dom in Malta.

Reactions: JimBeam
Just open an Estonian company with LHV bank account and use their IB white label platform to trade or IB directly. You don't pay any corporate income tax in Estonia for profits that are not distributed also so re-investing and compounding is possible. Just get written approval from Malta Commissioner that this does not affect your non-dom tax status for CFC purposes. You should do this anyway for any offshore structure you plan while being a non-dom in Malta.

I agree that Estonia is probably the best option but how do you get the money out then?

Also how would you combine this with asset protection if one is a resident in EU?

I agree that Estonia is probably the best option but how do you get the money out then?

Same way as any other company and you will be taxed for it. Estonia company has advantage for real investors in that you can delay paying any taxes until a time of your choosing.

Also how would you combine this with asset protection if one is a resident in EU?

The best asset protection you can have is leaving the EU.

Reactions: JimBeam