Our valued sponsor

Taking Advantage of Corona to Buy Cheap Stocks

Silvio

Pro Member
Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
As they say, buy when there is blood in the streets... figured we could share some interesting investment ideas.

Many stocks and REITs got much cheaper now after COVID hit hotels\tourism\flights and countless other businesses.

Seems like there could be some real bargains. I had my eye on the following Singapore REITs:
CDL Hospitality Trusts (CDLHT)
Ascott Residence Trust (ART)
Far East Hospitality Trust (FEHT)
Frasers Hospitality Trust (FHT)

According to a report of DBS some of them are so cheap that they are valuating hotel rooms lower than the land costs...
Some of them are trading at 50% from the top .. so there's a lot of potential.

I don't think Singapore will shut down, in fact even if EU\US gets obliterated, Singapore will definitely survive and thrive (as it's a banking\business center and a safe-haven)

Thoughts?

Reactions: JohnLocke
Almost anything you buy now will make you money, but the situation can get worse worldwide, you can wait or buy now
I agree, most people believe there will come more and this first wave of COVID-19 is just a taste of what will come. So investing in papers, stocks etc. may be a good idea of you look at long time investment.

Reactions: Narco
I have patience and if prices crash another 30%, will just buy more...

Re 2nd wave - could happen but I don't know if people will again agree to sit at home.
In some countries it's ridiculous - barely anyone has died or if anyone died it's only 85+ year olds with existing conditions. Hardly a justification to shut down the economy.

I have patience and if prices crash another 30%, will just buy more...

Re 2nd wave - could happen but I don't know if people will again agree to sit at home.
In some countries it's ridiculous - barely anyone has died or if anyone died it's only 85+ year olds with existing conditions. Hardly a justification to shut down the economy.
You are wrong, there have been many cases of reported deaths of underage victims and people with no previous conditions. We still do not even know the harm that this virus does to our bodies, even to asymptomatic people. Most people die after 8-10 weeks of contracting the virus. This virus has the potential to kill millions of lives.

Those were the same thoughts as Trump, and look where they are now. There are more probabilities to keep following social distancing rules for the next 1-2 years than going back to normal after this summer.

Why would they want to shut down the economy? Maybe China for not closing its borders and let the virus spread.

Thi is the dip everyone was waiting for and even now people are still waiting for "bigger dip" as a cowardly excuse on being too high inhibition to buy the actual opportunity right now.

I will remind you that stock market has 100 years of history and has reached new ATHs after each recession 100% of the time until 2020 so far. Yes, 100% of the time, that is 1, 0, 0. Not 90%, not 95%, not 99.99%, 100%. I like the odds.

I am waiting. EU and USA will try to print a new billions of EUR and USD. Just declaring, it will be used for economy growth.. But none bank will lend this money to a people or business, All what they will do is to receive that money at negative interest rates and push it into financial markets. So, everything will grow for some time. Problem is, it is a huuuuge bubble. Why will crack one day. I bet on real assets like gold...

Latest Threads