Our valued sponsor

Tax-free jurisdiction for Interactive Brokers

Premium

May 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I would like to know what my options are in terms of a tax-free jurisdiction where I could set-up a company and open a corporate account with Interactive Brokers without any issues. My understanding is that Dubai is an option, are there others I should be aware of? FYI I am a resident of Canada and plan to eventually move to a country that doesn't tax foreign corporate income, at which point the structure will make sense. In the meantime I accept I have to comply with CFC laws.

Reactions: GameBoy
I've planned something similar except the moving to the country part. So far I've learnt that dubai fits the best for this structure as it provides better (and probably easier) options when it comes to banking and stuffs. You can consult Fred and Captk for dubai and alternative options available for such structures.

@Fred @CaptK

Last edited:
Reactions: troubled soul
Hi, I would like to know what my options are in terms of a tax-free jurisdiction where I could set-up a company and open a corporate account with Interactive Brokers without any issues. My understanding is that Dubai is an option, are there others I should be aware of? FYI I am a resident of Canada and plan to eventually move to a country that doesn't tax foreign corporate income, at which point the structure will make sense. In the meantime I accept I have to comply with CFC laws.
Have you looked into Cyprus?

You don't need a company for trading, just the right personal residence and tax residence. Unless you want to have clients, additional privacy layer (and bigger costs with more papers and bureaucracy)?

Reactions: Nacho
What about other financial instruments: derivatives, fx, crypto?
Any income arising from trading in securities is completely exempt from corporate tax. The term ‘Securities’ includes but is not limited to: ordinary and preference shares, founders shares, options on titles, debentures, bonds, short positions on titles, futures/forwards on titles, swaps on titles, depositary receipts on titles, rights of claims on bonds and debentures, index participations (only if they represent titles), repurchase agreements or Repos on titles, participations in companies, units in open- end or closed-end collective investment schemes such as Mutual Funds, International Collective Investment Schemes (ICIS) and Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS).

With respect to crypto this has been extensively discussed in other threads and the answer is that at the moment itnis taxed as income

You don't need a company for trading, just the right personal residence and tax residence. Unless you want to have clients, additional privacy layer (and bigger costs with more papers and bureaucracy)?
Before I leave the country a corporation is going to have tax advantages over independent worker status and yes I want the possibility to have clients down the line.

With respect to crypto this has been extensively discussed in other threads and the answer is that at the moment itnis taxed as income
It is or it is NOT?

Happy to Pm you to discuss
Can we set up a time to PM? Don't want to crash your PM, so requesting your permission. I have so many questions and maybe I need to fly to Cyprus. Looking for guidance

Hello! I want to move my interactive brokers account to UAE (recive ID by using company incorporation) from other country, change tax residence in IB to UAE, but de facto stay my country tax resident. All money transfers to/from IB only from UAE bank. No taxes will be payed in my country. Is this good idea? What are the risks? Thanks in advance.

Hello! I want to move my interactive brokers account to UAE (recive ID by using company incorporation) from other country, change tax residence in IB to UAE, but de facto stay my country tax resident. All money transfers to/from IB only from UAE bank. No taxes will be payed in my country. Is this good idea? What are the risks? Thanks in advance.
Not a good idea unless you want to get fucked by your country tax authorities.DM me for help.

Last edited:
The main risk is you (card transactions, bragging, telling your spouse/friends/parents/kids, high profile living...).

Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads