Our valued sponsor

TBC Bank Georgia

Have never encountered any issues with Swift transfers.. Its easy as hell and takes about 5 minutes to make one
Have you ever tried to make a SWIFT to the country, where IBAN is not supported and where you need 2 intermediary correcpondent banks and you need a longer note for bank whom to credit money? This is a hell with them. If you are transfering money just between accounts where you have IBAN, it works good. But the most of the world is still not on IBAN standard. I have transactions in many less developed countries.. I tried to use TBC in past.. and I was not satisfied.

Reactions: Forester
Have you ever tried to make a SWIFT to the country, where IBAN is not supported and where you need 2 intermediary correcpondent banks and you need a longer note for bank whom to credit money? This is a hell with them. If you are transfering money just between accounts where you have IBAN, it works good. But the most of the world is still not on IBAN standard. I have transactions in many less developed countries.. I tried to use TBC in past.. and I was not satisfied.
I actually did send SWIFT payments without IBAN.. You just need to paste account number in IBAN field if I remember right. I didnt need any intermediary banks to send money, its all automatically filled.

Maybe you are talking about old versions of TBC?

I actually did send SWIFT payments without IBAN.. You just need to paste account number in IBAN field if I remember right. I didnt need any intermediary banks to send money, its all automatically filled.

Maybe you are talking about old versions of TBC?
No.
There are wires where you have to file all data, including intermediary banks and if you do not do that, wire can not be done.

Reactions: Forester
Guys, any of you has an account in TBC Bank Georgia?
I know the reputation of Georgian banks leaves much to be desired.
Still I wonder if somebody has opened an account there and may give a feedback?
It is very nice. I have nothing to complain about them especially given the circumstances of the region. All operations went very smoothly even opening time deposit remotely by sending back and forth emails.

Swift worked as well (incoming) and they have also iban (starting with GE).

Fees are minimal if you are not earning average georgian salary.

The thing to complain is the weak currency lari but this is not their fault and I was aware of it before already. Even the high interest rate does not compensate.
They have dollar accounts which mitigates it.

The other thing Georgia joined crs voluntarily is also a big minus. I will slowly reduce positions there as I personally do not like places which like to creep into the a*** of the eu.
Very big mistake for them in my opinion.

And I will also not pursue their Status program due to this, but I assume it would be a good experience given the already nice experience as a basic sheep there.
Also this one, I already expected so no big surprise either.

Would you say this is still a very good bank to bank in, and who is able to help with the account opening there, preferable remote?
We are in 2022. Do yourself a favour and forget about banking in Georgia. It has become uncompetitive at best. Just check their interest rates for CD's/term deposits and you know what's going on.
Best of all: Depending on your passport (Russia, certain Arab countries, India) banks will demand a non-refundable application fee of up to GEL 500.-.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe

Latest Threads