Our valued sponsor

TBC Bank Georgia

Guys, any of you has an account in TBC Bank Georgia?
I know the reputation of Georgian banks leaves much to be desired.
Still I wonder if somebody has opened an account there and may give a feedback?
I see no problem with non-resident personal account in TBC. Transactions go through very well and no problems whatsoever. The only tech issue is that their website internet banking is extremely slow, sometimes takes 20-30 seconds to load

Reactions: Paprika
Their internet baking is old, not working very often, and you can not compare it with internet banking of modern banks in a western world.
Their english proficiency staff is terible. The most of them does not speak english. And on branches with international clients, also.
But this is the same in all georgian banks.
Their level of service is increasing, but they will need next 10 years to be in a level of a western world.
Still more and more banks are tightening KYC rules in Georgia.
But if you want to deposit some money and earn high interest rate in a local currency, TBC is good.

Their internet baking is old, not working very often, and you can not compare it with internet banking of modern banks in a western world.
Their english proficiency staff is terible. The most of them does not speak english. And on branches with international clients, also.
But this is the same in all georgian banks.
Their level of service is increasing, but they will need next 10 years to be in a level of a western world.
Still more and more banks are tightening KYC rules in Georgia.
But if you want to deposit some money and earn high interest rate in a local currency, TBC is good.
Can you show me a western bank where internet banking doesnt look old? Just curious

Reactions: derpderp
Can you show 1 example? (that is not neobank like N26 of course)
Erste bank in Austria.. if you want exact example. They use the new system called George.

Attachments

• pi20170531-grafik.jpg
    pi20170531-grafik.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
I thought you talked about the looks.. I agree that functionality is lacking in TBC but if you just need a simple account where money can go in and out, their banking app is solid
Just compare a screens for international Swift transfer. Compare screens of card transactions etc.. I wrote about modern internet baking, not nice IB with problematic functionality.. If you need a car, are you looking for a nice one or safe and functional one with comparable design to a nice one which is unsafe and has problems in functionality?

Just compare a screens for international Swift transfer. Compare screens of card transactions etc.. I wrote about modern internet baking, not nice IB with problematic functionality.. If you need a car, are you looking for a nice one or safe and functional one with comparable design to a nice one which is unsafe and has problems in functionality?
Have never encountered any issues with Swift transfers.. Its easy as hell and takes about 5 minutes to make one

Most European banks have ancient interfaces with *very* poor usability.
Not the most, but still many. It is about what their clients need. If it is a small private bank, which does not offer credit card or debit cards and they do not support transactional banking, and they just want you to move your money there and do not touch it for few years, they do not need any extra IB.

Not the most, but still many. It is about what their clients need. If it is a small private bank, which does not offer credit card or debit cards and they do not support transactional banking, and they just want you to move your money there and do not touch it for few years, they do not need any extra IB.
Another question is, why not make an app with minimum features that works good and looks good? If your IB needs to be simple the goal is even easier to achieve

Latest Threads