Our valued sponsor

Terminus - Presentation

Terminus

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I'm a freelance who wants to live and work abroad.
I want to avoid having my activity based in France because there is too much taxes and I won't live there anyway.
If anyone has any advice on where to base my freelance activity it would help me greatly.
I plan on living in SE Asia since living cost is very low and temperatures are great :D

Glad to join you !

Welcome aboard.

If you can find a territorial tax SE asia country then live there. If you freelance then work out where your customers will be and how they are likely to be paying you first.

Welcome aboard.

If you can find a territorial tax SE asia country then live there. If you freelance then work out where your customers will be and how they are likely to be paying you first.
Thanks, the thing is my customers can be from any country in the world since I'm a dev.
I saw that Vietnam and Thailand don't tax you if you live there less than 180 days a year. I think I'll try it, I just have to find out in which country my freelance activity should be located.

You don't have to live where your activity is declared, right ?

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy your stay and will find what you are looking for ;)

Reactions: Terminus
You don't have to live where your activity is declared, right ?

No you don't. But your foreign company may be taxed as if the foreign company is a local one (where you are living) depending on any Controlled Foreign Corporation (CFC) rules or tax rules in your country of residence.

Without going into too much detail the country where you choose to live has to have at least a territorial tax system, no CFC rules or a favorable tax code.

Reactions: Terminus