Our valued sponsor

Thailand 0% tax

TOD2pk.jpg

If they remove the remittance loophole it will become residence based taxation for all.

Reactions: backpacker
I will not trust local KYCed exchanges to keep your data safe from the Revenue Department if they require it.
Exchanges? Are you all still using exchanges? For what? :rolleyes:

I'm sort of "OK" with sending $500 to a crypto address linked to a crypto debit card, and buying groceries or eating at a restaurant because the supermarket or restaurant won't accept crypto directly :rolleyes:

The most important message in #Bitcoin has ALWAYS been NO trusted third parties ever!
1695041115122.png

I mean Benjamin Franklin couldn't have said it better:

1695041216488.png

What am I missing here? :rolleyes:

Problem with P2P is if you interact with dirty money, in Thailand that could be very nasty as a Russian found out recently.

Best to OTC overseas (dependent on your size), onshore via legitimate exchanges...

The problem with the new rulings is that a lot of people increasingly use stablecoins as its not easy to retain a bank account in the West as a non resident... these people will now be looking at 35% (dependent) tax on those assets.

Anyone knows if it's possible to live in Thailand and never bring any money, just paying everything with a foreign debit or credit card?

What happens if you withdraw money from an ATM, with your foreign debit or credit card?
If I understand this correctly, it‘s not about payments but worldwide income.

If they want to enforce this, everyone with a longterm visa would be obligated to file a tax return.

Problem with P2P is if you interact with dirty money, in Thailand that could be very nasty as a Russian found out recently.
I'm so confused here. I'm talking about using e.g. USDt to pay for products & services like here:
1695045259236.png

I haven't done P2P since localbitcoins started doing KYC.
I have STOPPED thinking about this since I've been following this: GitHub - jlopp/physical-bitcoin-attacks: A list of known attacks against Bitcoin / crypto asset owning entities that occurred in meatspace.

Best to OTC overseas (dependent on your size), onshore via legitimate exchanges...
I think of lightning networks and other crypto payments as circumvention to credit card fees and 100% avoidance of banks who can freeze, question, or just steal my money.

The problem with the new rulings is that a lot of people increasingly use stablecoins as its not easy to retain a bank account in the West as a non resident... these people will now be looking at 35% (dependent) tax on those assets.
But how? If I pay everything with USDt or any other crypto (ANALogous to credit card payments without the "reverse LANA"), who is going to report this?

I feel like I am missing something important. What is it? :rolleyes:

Exchanges? Are you all still using exchanges? For what? :rolleyes:

I'm sort of "OK" with sending $500 to a crypto address linked to a crypto debit card, and buying groceries or eating at a restaurant because the supermarket or restaurant won't accept crypto directly :rolleyes:
If you need a larger amount of money to buy for instance property/a car.
I agree that a crypto card will do the trick for daily living expenses, however as a Thai (only) resident you will mostly need to fake a EU/US residency to get one of these cards.

Reactions: jafo
I'm so confused here. I'm talking about using e.g. USDt to pay for products & services like here:
View attachment 5403

I haven't done P2P since localbitcoins started doing KYC.
I have STOPPED thinking about this since I've been following this: GitHub - jlopp/physical-bitcoin-attacks: A list of known attacks against Bitcoin / crypto asset owning entities that occurred in meatspace.

I think of lightning networks and other crypto payments as circumvention to credit card fees and 100% avoidance of banks who can freeze, question, or just steal my money.

But how? If I pay everything with USDt or any other crypto (ANALogous to credit card payments without the "reverse LANA"), who is going to report this?

I feel like I am missing something important. What is it? :rolleyes:
CRS on the card supplier theres a exchange mechanism there.

Reactions: jafo
If you need a larger amount of money to buy for instance property/a car.
Ahhh..... OK.... In my personal case, I don't want to purchase a home in Thailand or most other jurisdictions, but this is a personal choice. If I indeed wanted to, we could go this route: https://www.thailand-property.com/blog/can-really-buy-thailand-property-using-cryptocurrency

I agree that a crypto card will do the trick for daily living expenses, however as a Thai (only) resident you will mostly need to fake a EU/US residency to get one of these cards.
Agreed!

I wouldn't consider Thailand or Dubai for anything anymore as I don't like uncertainties. Anyone who starts coming up with ways to rob others is my mortal enemy, so to avoid catching a ****** charge, I stay clear of them and in peace. They are TOO many to tackle anyway.

Reactions: Radko and Mercury
  • Haha
Reactions: wellington

Latest Threads