Our valued sponsor

The fake banks of the Comoros Islands

A bit of topic: if true then this scammer goes to great lenghts with his scam and is allowed to advertise his 'bank' on this forum. No service provider or bank advertising should be trusted by default when advertising or offering services on the forum, which is bad news for the legit CSP's on the forum.

A bit of topic: if true then this scammer goes to great lenghts with his scam and is allowed to advertise his 'bank' on this forum. No service provider or bank advertising should be trusted by default when advertising or offering services on the forum, which is bad news for the legit CSP's on the forum.

the Savings Account of those "banks" are totally scam in my opinion....Fixed Rate 10 % for EUR...:rolleyes:

I agree with you...forum admin should not accept all advertising requests...;) hope our account will not be blocked to say this...

the Savings Account of those "banks" are totally scam in my opinion....Fixed Rate 10 % for EUR...:rolleyes:

How much on EUR? Bloody hell

If that's not a clear indicator of a scam then I don't know what is.

Few precision here about having a SWIFT code.
1) You can apply for a BIC and not be a bank. Some financial institution (non-bank) and even companies have a swift to communicate with their bank. I’ve even seen non-registered company with a BIC.
2) Some BIC/Swift code are not connected. They usually end by 1. Not connected means they can’t send/receive any swift although they do have a BIC (identifier)
Having a BIC/SWIFT code is not a proof of anything. Again, I’ve seen big scam like non registered company pretending being a french bank having a non-connected BIC.
Most of bank software will show you a name when inputting a BIC into their system but it does not mean you’ll be able to transfer money.
Don’t forget : in order to receive and send wires a bank need a correspondant account and i doubt any bank is offering such service to a bank incorporated in Comoros... so let’s even say they’re a bank with a licence and a connected swift code that wouldn’t help them as they probably don’t have any relationship with any other bank.

Few precision here about having a SWIFT code.
1) You can apply for a BIC and not be a bank. Some financial institution (non-bank) and even companies have a swift to communicate with their bank. I’ve even seen non-registered company with a BIC.
2) Some BIC/Swift code are not connected. They usually end by 1. Not connected means they can’t send/receive any swift although they do have a BIC (identifier)
Having a BIC/SWIFT code is not a proof of anything. Again, I’ve seen big scam like non registered company pretending being a french bank having a non-connected BIC.
Most of bank software will show you a name when inputting a BIC into their system but it does not mean you’ll be able to transfer money.
Don’t forget : in order to receive and send wires a bank need a correspondant account and i doubt any bank is offering such service to a bank incorporated in Comoros... so let’s even say they’re a bank with a licence and a connected swift code that wouldn’t help them as they probably don’t have any relationship with any other bank.

thank you for your helpful info~ :)

My silly question : how the not independant island of Moheli, part of the country called The Comores could get an Financial Authoritie licensing banks ? For me, that's non-sense but maybe I'm wrong.

My silly question : how the not independant island of Moheli, part of the country called The Comores could get an Financial Authoritie licensing banks ? For me, that's non-sense but maybe I'm wrong.
Well, Moheli is an autonomous island within The Comoros, which politically is a federation or union of autonomous islands (comparable to US states vs. US federal). Just like Anjouan, where these shell banks used to operate.

The scam relies on people buying into the notion that Moheli's legal situation under the Comorrian constitution allows them enough autonomy to license banks.

It's a bit how BVI is an autonomous part of the UK or Labuan is an autonomous part of Malaysia. Except far, far, far worse in almost every conceivable aspect.

Mohelo is an autonomous island [within The Comoros] ~

but they pretend to be have independant anthorities to licensing bank by themself...

but the central government of The Comoros never acknowledge this and consider those are scam activities...

Reactions: TurnedToRobot

Latest Threads