Our valued sponsor

The Johnny Doe IBKR portfolio

If you aren’t making 25%+ in this market, you’re doing something wrong.

Assess stocks within your domain of expertise. If you don’t yet have a domain of expertise, get out of the stock market and go create a business first.
I don't think you mean to do this, but this is very dismissive of reality & Norges Bank Investment Management, The fund | Norges Bank Investment Management :
1718439495392.webp

1718439586594.webp

Source: Fund returns | Norges Bank Investment Management

I wouldn't think it is wise to tell a fund with US$1.633 TRILLION that is getting a net annual return of 3.83% to
get out of the stock market and go create a business first.
but hey, YMMV. :rolleyes:

Name of the game is buy low sell high, not the other way around ;)
Sure, it's on sale right now, and I agree, but I definitely do NOT know enough, outside my circle of competence, about this company and its economics to "tandem jump" with them rof/%

PS. Also, I do NOT deserve to earn ANY money on things I do NOT understand or can't do. ;)

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF
S&P is up nearly 25% in the last year. If your portfolio isn’t outperforming the S&P, you are losing due to opportunity cost - your time would be better spent DTCing into the S&P and spending your time building a business.
I'm sorry, but outperform the S&P with a portfolio......................only Warren Buffet is doing it.
S&P performed 25% ? ok, not every year. you can check the history
https://www.macrotrends.net/2324/sp-500-historical-chart-data
the idea of a portfolio is to have an average performance that in any market situation, even recession, is always positive, if you can do it for years..........well, you are a champion.

Tqqq might be good for you, but why don’t you trade NQ futures instead? You can control your leverage easily and it’s more transparent.
well, I use options on TQQQ, definally pay better than QQQ
while I'm preparing a robot for ES, NQ and other futures,

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but outperform the S&P with a portfolio......................only Warren Buffet is doing it.
S&P performed 25% ? ok, not every year. you can check the history
https://www.macrotrends.net/2324/sp-500-historical-chart-data
the idea of a portfolio is to have an average performance that in any market situation, even recession, is always positive, if you can do it for years..........well, you are a champion.

well, I use options on TQQQ, definally pay better than QQQ
while I'm preparing a robot for ES, NQ and other futures,
Agreed on sp500 part
But don't agree on tqqq
It is only tech based and much higher drawdown than sp500
I prefer to have all sectors under voo which has 30% tech.
10% a year is enough

Reactions: jafo
The incredible thing is that we all have different portfolios, beliefs, understandings, and knowledge, yet we are all doing well in the market!
This is amazing and commendable! It shows how one needs to understand and STICK to his circle of competence.

I've learned so much from this thread!

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Reactions: uranium