Our valued sponsor

The Myth of the Chinese Debt Trap in Africa

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Jan 2, 2018
Visit site

I'm guessing facts don't matter to you.

I'm guessing facts don't matter to you.
Facts do matter. And the established fact is that you cannot trust the Chinese Communist Party about anything. It literally lies about everything. As GeneralGogol indicated, it bribes everyone. It steals technology with reckless abandon. It even imprisons, enslaves, and murders its own people.

BTW: The Chinese economy has HUGE structural problems. China is very unlikely to be the largest economy this century, for a variety of reasons (most of them self-induced) -- including its evil forced abortion policies.

And GeneralGogol is correct, because too many Americans work in collusion with China for monetary gain (i.e., bribes), including the Biden family.

Reactions: RealDude
I am really disappointed it took you so long to find this thread :(. I posted this thread days ago expecting you to be first to go on your usual rant over China and you didn't disappoint at all. This is all too easy.....lol.

P.S Maybe next I will post one on Russia and watch the firework show again smi(&%.

He is very objective and analytical. It just so happens that the US always has a reason and explanation for their action, unlike Russia and China which are just plain evil, simple as that. To be fair he is sometimes critical of the damn democRATS, it's good that his source is Fox news.

But you are slowly becoming JohnnyDoe, I was laughing hysterically when he was trolling him on the expat immigrant thread :D

• Haha
Reactions: JohnnyDoe
The bottom line is: while the US insist on their old strategy of bullying the world and sell arms, and the EU gladly lower its pants, China successfully conquers the world.

A first hand example on the difference between US and China from this unmeaningful part of the world: the US invaded Grenada in 1983. Practical long term results and benefit to the US: zero. To Grenada: sub-zero.
China is pouring money in the country in various forms, including housing for the working class. Result: Chinese entrepreneurs are allowed to do good business and make money (and they can also get a passport, if they want); Grenadians see concrete improvements in their lives; tourism grows; the country develops.

Last edited:
That's actually the reality.

The bottom line is: while the US insist on their old strategy of bullying the world and sell arms, and the EU gladly lower its pants, China successfully conquers the world.

A first hand example on the difference between US and China from this unmeaningful part of the world: the US invaded Grenada in 1983. Practical long term results and benefit to the US: zero. To Grenada: sub-zero.
China is pouring money in the country in various forms, including housing for the working class. Result: Chinese entrepreneurs are allowed to do good business and make money (and they can also get a passport, if they want); Grenadians see concrete improvements in their lives; tourism grows; the country develops.
I love it that you had to go all the way to the US invasion of Grenada in 1983 to find some stupid thing that the US did.
US does a LOT of stupid things, any country does a lot of stupid things. I'm not saying I'm in love with the US or give two fucks about their mega-dumb foreign policy.

But the reality is that the USD is growing stronger every day now (16% in the last year of the US Dollar Index), while your beloved BTC crashed -70% in a year

The biggest countries and institutions flock to the US DOLLAR for safety, meanwhile Chinese depositors are met with tanks when they try to withdraw their money:

Put your money where you mouth is, convert it all to RMB and stash it in a Chinese bank. Until you do that it's all cheap talk and trolling.

Reactions: RealDude
US does a LOT of stupid things, any country does a lot of stupid things. I'm not saying I'm in love with the US or give two fucks about their mega-dumb foreign policy.
Yes, some people here are far too morally bankrupt to discern stupidity from evil. If they had to live amongst evil on a daily basis then they would quickly wise up.

Visiting your bank to resolve a problem and being met by soldiers and tanks, rather than just a surly bank teller, is an immense difference. So is being forced to wear a mask versus being boarded up in your apartment building to starve. There is a vast gulf between stupid and evil.

Equating Western stupidity with totalitarianism, in any way, is truly shameful and it exposes a deep moral defect in your character.

That train is never late when it comes to China :cool:.

I love it that you had to go all the way to the US invasion of Grenada in 1983 to find some stupid thing that the US did.
I couldn’t find other and fresher examples here in Grenada. I’m reporting first hand from where I am.
But the reality is that the USD is growing stronger every day now (16% in the last year of the US Dollar Index), while your beloved BTC crashed -70% in a year
rof/%
It will go to zero, so it’s still highly valuable

A report released in June by two Sri Lankan economists, based on information requested from the Finance Ministry, provides a different picture. Looking at public and publicly guaranteed debt -- which includes commercial lending to the government and loans to Sri Lankan state-owned enterprises -- China's share totaled 20% at the end of last year.

Yet China has offered a relatively small amount of humanitarian aid to Sri Lanka, and even Colombo's requests for $2.5 billion in credit support have met with a chilly reception.

China, which is not a member of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, discloses little data on its international aid and has no experience with coordinated sovereign debt restructuring.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, Chinese debt is totally not a trap...

Latest Threads