Our valued sponsor

The safety of PayPal account.

vlada

Offshore Agent
Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
There are a lot of information about hackers' attacks on different bank accounts. In addition there are a lot of spying programs in the Internet. What is your opinion about the safety of PayPal accounts?

I think it is safe as long as you don't use your password anywhere else. Also I think that PayPal is doing a lot of security upgrades to their system each day to prevent anyone to hack the system.

You cannot expect safety if your system is affected with any of the malware or any spyware. Make sure that you use the paypal acount only in your personal computer and not elsewhere. Regarding the site, it has got several features to avoid being hacked. But still we must be safe from these problems.

First of all Paypal is not a bank. So do not think they have the same rules for safety like a real bank has.

And like any business using the internet, Paypal can get hacked.

These is nothing like an overall safety place in the net.

I think paypal is one of the most safest programme on the internet. They give prime importance to security. Last time, I want to change my password and the site asked about the last four digit of my bank acount number....

PayPal is relatively safe just like other online accounts. The point is that we have to be more careful regarding keylogger software and scam mails which would easily collect data from most people who are new to this. That is the reason why people have to be careful when dealing with passwords.

Sorry, but they are not safe at all.

Why I am saying that?

Well, my "regular" bank asks me to do a password and my account number to start their online banking, after that I have to give them a security key (which only I know) and doing something in my account need a transaction number and has to be done in a short time limit.

And getting a new password needs more then the last digits of an account number.

There are safe places - Paypal is none.

I think using PayPal can be relatively safe, it's just important to remember never to share passwords with anyone else and not access your account through public computer terminals. While PayPal has some safety measures in place to counteract hacking, we can never be too safe, especially when its our money involved.

Although no system is 100% foolproof, PayPal has designed many checks and balances into its system to keep errors and fraud to a bare minimum. You won’t find another online financial institution that’s better at protecting its customers than PayPal.

I think overall Paypal is safe. It doesn't have the security measures of a bank but for it being ap rogram I do think their security isn't bad whatsoever. I know paypal gets hacked but you look for the logo at the top of the page and that's how you know you are in a trusted paypal site.

Latest Threads