Our valued sponsor

Threatening letter from UK bank

Offshore13

Mar 5, 2022
Spain
Visit site
Hi all :)
I just received a letter from my ex offshore UK bank in Gibraltar and it said that if I dont provide any TAX infos they will send a request to the authorities under which the adrress of the account was.

A little context, the bank throw me out in October after 15 years because of the grounds that I am living in the UAE and several other countries which are considered high risk.
8 months later they sent a letter stating I need to provide TAX info...and they threatening me that if not they will ask the authorities under the given address.

They still write letters lool and it was just by coincidence that I have seen the letters. My question is has anyone ever heard about something like this? And should I be worried?
I mean I have at least 10 times in my life filled out the FATCA form etc but never have seen a letter like this

Thanks dearest community

They are asking for this for a reason, and it's usually routine internal control of an external auditor or regulator asking. The department that checks whether they have TIN for all account holders may be completely disconnected from the system that tracks which accounts are still active/not closed. Pretty typical for banks to have departments in such isolated silos.

So long as you have documentation proving that the account was closed in October 2022, you don't really have any further obligations to them.

They are asking for this for a reason, and it's usually routine internal control of an external auditor or regulator asking. The department that checks whether they have TIN for all account holders may be completely disconnected from the system that tracks which accounts are still active/not closed. Pretty typical for banks to have departments in such isolated silos.

So long as you have documentation proving that the account was closed in October 2022, you don't really have any further obligations to them.
Thanks for the explanation ;)

I need to provide TAX info
I read somewhere ;) ....that when people send threatening or demanding letters, *some* recipients fight back by sending the sender these:
https://send-s**t.com/en
Send Sweet Smelly Revenge

1686709028787.png

or on YouTube, I saw this:

Revenge Mail: Anonymously send the most horrific stink bomb envelope known to man!

Of course, I find these methods sans bienséance! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Offshore13