Our valued sponsor

To-Do List to Avoid CRS

I lived together with my girlfriend for 3 years in UAE and zero issues.

In violation of the law. I will report you for breach of morality...hehehe

Reactions: DavidS
C'mon Martin, no doom and gloom talk! A perfect place is 6-feet under ground, until then, we have to accept a few trade-offs. Make sure you do not present your unwed pregnant girlfriend to UAE authorities; at all times, have a condom in your pocket when in UAE with your GF.

Mind asking what place you settled for? I moved my a*s to Paraguay and do not intend to leave any time soon.

Mind asking what place you settled for? I moved my a*s to Paraguay and do not intend to leave any time soon.

I moved my a*s back to Bahamas. Better to deal with banana republic corruption in a US vessel state and only have to worry about hurricanes. Developing countries have serious issues but you learn to adapt quickly and learn to appreciate what is really important in life.

Madness is going on I mean look whats happening in Georgia with Anti-Russian protests. They are about to throw everything away including their tourism industry as Russia is banning flights to Georgia and worse.

As you know, parts of their country are occupied by the Russian army. A thing like that creates ill will, and people other than bankers and politicians usually value the integrity of their borders higher than tourist money. None of the countries that have been in direct contact with Russia - such as Poles, (East)Germans, Balts, Finns, Hungarians - likes Russia. You might consider why. I've known a Georgian girl from Gori who was raped by the invaders during the 2008 war. I didn't ask whether it was Russians or their s**t-flies (Caucasus militias) and how many of them.

Russia has a tradition of trying to divide and create chaos abroad, e.g. by supporting both far right and far left, and pitting them against each other. With Georgians, this does not take much effort. They are emotionally volatile, hence easy to play. Even if this wasn't an intentional provocation by the Kreml, they weren't slow to step on the pedal when sensing an opportunity.

This could be the pin that finally pricks the Batumi real estate bubble. Also, it looks like lari could weaken quite a lot. Moreover, it wouldn't surprise me if Russia were to move in and occupy Anaklia just to stop that project from happening.

As you know, parts of their country are occupied by the Russian army. A thing like that creates ill will, and people other than bankers and politicians usually value the integrity of their borders higher than tourist money.

I have no issue with putting principles above money as this should always be the case. However the issue is with Russian government not the Russian people. If Kremlin did put that guy up to sitting in house speakers chair and speaking in Russian then the Georgians fell for the bate. Now they kill their tourism industry and economy to prove a point. That's like UK voting to leave the EU because its people don't like going on public transport and hearing Polish people speaking in Polish.....oh no hold on wait a minute that already happened.

This could be the pin that finally pricks the Batumi real estate bubble. Also, it looks like lari could weaken quite a lot.

The lari is at a 2 year low now. When I lived in Georgia I never experienced any of this crazy nationalism but I guess it was always there in locals minds.

Moreover, it wouldn't surprise me if Russia occupied Anaklia just to stop that project from happening.

Russia can have it...lol as long as they don't take Poti as I have personal interests there.

Jail or Fine for using a VPN

I'm not sure if that law is worse than what you have in the US. In the US, using the Internet is a felony in itself (wire fraud) when combined with criminal activity.

From the article:

“Whoever uses a fraudulent computer network protocol address (IP address) by using a false address or a third-party address by any other means for the purpose of committing a crime or preventing its discovery, shall be punished by temporary imprisonment and a fine of no less than Dhs500,000 and not exceeding Dhs2 million, or either of these two penalties.”

Reactions: DavidS
I'm not sure if that law is worse than what you have in the US. In the US, using the Internet is a felony in itself (wire fraud) when combined with criminal activity.

lol...I would say the US has some due process in place. In UAE the court system is not independent. The UAE ruler is brutal and his own wife ran to London and is seeking Asylum and is in fear of her life....lol. UAE is no joke if you end up on wrong side of the law there is NO due process. I wouldn't even go into the Apple App store and leave anything less than 5 stars and a glowing review of a UAE app for fear I will run foul of UAE Defamation Laws.....no joke nai¤%.

From the article:

“Whoever uses a fraudulent computer network protocol address (IP address) by using a false address or a third-party address by any other means for the purpose of committing a crime or preventing its discovery, shall be punished by temporary imprisonment and a fine of no less than Dhs500,000 and not exceeding Dhs2 million, or either of these two penalties.”
This is absurd.

Latest Threads