Today I ordered a Ledger Nano S & X!

sonato

Offshore Agent
Pro Member
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered two hardware Ledger wallets the S and X blak""#¤

They have this backup package

What do you think, am I optimal protected from hackers and other evil on the Internet with this package or do I need more to get 100% protected?

The Ledger X
Ledger Nano X | Ledger
It is awesome and nice looking!

I ordered two hardware Ledger wallets the S and X blak""#¤

They have this backup package

What do you think, am I optimal protected from hackers and other evil on the Internet with this package or do I need more to get 100% protected?

The Ledger X
Ledger Nano X | Ledger
It is awesome and nice looking!
Yes, but keep in mind ledger had a data leak already which exposed all past orders.
So you should have ordered to a po box, under other name and with another email address.

I have both, but to be honest I don't think the X is worth the money. One think: If you use custom assets in some chains (ETH is ok, others are the ones that have issues), do not add those addresses to the ledger live because most of the time the app will get corrupted and you will need to re install it to use it

What do you mean by that exactly? I mean, what crypto coins would you now add to the ledger X ? I want to understand it correct please.
For example I tokenize real estate using the Stellar network, since Ledger live does not support that if I add an address with custom assets in it then the app will get corrupted. If you only want to have regular coins (BTC, ETH, XRP, etc) then you shouldn't have issues

I have a few Ledger Nano S but I must admit I have not tried with any stablecoin, so what you say is that Stellar will not work with the Ledger, so Tether would also not work well, means sooner or later you will get troubles because of the software update?

For added security learn and configure the dual pin feature that enabled to access a secondary private key where you can put some crypto, how much depends on how you value your life ;)
If someone ask for your crypto with a gun, you can unlock with the other pin and avoid getting everything stolen and significantly increase the chance to keep your life.

Reactions: Zaki
I have a few Ledger Nano S but I must admit I have not tried with any stablecoin, so what you say is that Stellar will not work with the Ledger, so Tether would also not work well, means sooner or later you will get troubles because of the software update?
It works fine for ethereum tokens like usdc or tether on eth, most likely this issue only applied to stellar which is probably going to be fixed with a future client update.

Reactions: Back2Matters

Latest Threads