Our valued sponsor

Trading Futures Offshore

cymond

Offshore Agent
Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,

I trade commodity futures (moderate sized account) in one EU country but am now residing in a second EU country with the kind of taxation that few trading systems can survive. Hence the requirement for an offshore solution.

My immediate requirement is to ensure 0% tax on my trading gains and to avoid being subjected to inheritance tax before my kids are adults. I don't need to pay myself from company profits yet - In time I will relocate to a no-tax jurisdiction, and hopefully take dividends out of the company as needed without any tax hit.

I'm not sure whether a Cyprus IBC would fulfill my requirements though. For example, If the company opened a trading account with a Cypriot brokerage, would the gains in the account be considered as earned in Cyprus and therefore subject to Cyprus co-operate tax?

And if the brokerage account was in the UK or USA, would the gains then be foreign derived and therefor not taxed? I need to have accounts with several brokerages to ensure that I have decent coverage at the major exchanges. But would it be easy to open foreign brokerage accounts for the company to enable me to trade most markets?

Would the set-up be easier for a company in Hong Kong or Panama? And how would the gains in these circumstances be treated tax-wise?

Thanks in advance for any insight or comments.

I'm not sure whether a Cyprus IBC would fulfill my requirements though. For example, If the company opened a trading account with a Cypriot brokerage, would the gains in the account be considered as earned in Cyprus and therefore subject to Cyprus co-operate tax?
Well you can register the company non-resident and avoid a Cyprus brokerage but find one of the many International available out there.

Alternative, you incorporate a Seychelles company and open a Cyprus bank account, just check with the brokerage of your choice if they accept Seychelles companies, some may have restrictions while others are perfectly fine, once done, all earnings will be tax free.

One of these international brokerage are this one Offshore online bank and broker - International Stock Trading and Investing - Internaxx and there are many more... I have no personal relationship to them so feel free to use them at your own risk.