Our valued sponsor

Trading options in USA from Dubai

i888

May 16, 2021
Bucharest
Visit site
I live in UE and I want to cash out some crypto and for that I will be a resident of Dubai, but in the same time I want to continue to trade options on SP500 related financial instruments in USA, but I don't want to pay high tax in USA due to the fact that I'll be a resident of UAE.

What are my options for this?

Should I go to cfd trading or even betspread, this seems to be a good idea for a UK resident, for now I haven't figured out a way to do it with a company.

Thank you for your time and answers!

Reactions: troubled soul
If You're a Nonresident Alien
If you fall under the nonresident alien category and the only business you have in the U.S. is investments–such as stocks, mutual funds, and commodities–held with a U.S. dollar–denominated brokerage firm or other agent, you are subject to the following tax guidelines.

Capital Gains
Nonresident aliens are subject to no U.S. capital gains tax, and no money will be withheld by the brokerage firm.2 However, this does not mean that you can trade tax-free. You will likely need to pay capital gains tax in your country of origin.

Dividends
Nonresident aliens are subject to a dividend tax rate of 30% on dividends paid out by U.S. companies. However, they are excluded from this tax if the dividends are paid by foreign companies or are interest-related dividends or short-term capital gain dividends.3 The 30% tax rate can also be lower depending on the treaty between your home country and the U.S. As a result, it's important that you contact your brokerage firm to verify the rate.5

Latest Threads