Our valued sponsor

TransferWise ban my account for trying to buy Crypto

Min Park

Jul 22, 2018
Visit site
TransferWise ban my account when i try to send money to exchange (Kraken)

Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Account deactivation can occur due to a number of reasons, which may include but are not limited to, security concerns, violation of our Terms of Use agreement, attempts to buy banned or illegal goods, attempts to buy crypto currency and detection of multiple accounts being used by same individual.
Unfortunately this information is not accessible to Customer Support agents as we have a separate team dealing with this.

In order to appeal the decision against the deactivation, please get in touch with the team by writing an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include your full name and date of birth in the e-mail. They should be able to get back to you within 2 business days.

Best regards,

xxxx
TransferWise

To all you should NEVER use crypto with any FI unless they explicitly allow it. In the case of TW they explicitly forbid it. You will end up burning through EMI's unless you pay attention to their terms and conditions thu&¤#.

sorry op , yes they block crypto , i even tried to transfer to some non crypto ibans and they are blacklisted .

funny thing is that they allow to receive funds from crypto exchanges :)
lmao

i wonder is it safe to send low xxxx to tw monthly . i'm currently warming up account . but i'm not sure when they start block you .

the intermediate emi that pay me send this text with the payment "+Payroll / Personnel payment"

the intermediate emi that pay me send this text with the payment "+Payroll / Personnel payment"

If there is no direct connection to crypto it should be fine. However don't bother if you can't afford to lose your TW account. TW is very useful as I have some emerging market currency balances I keep there and no offshore bank I have allows me to hold a Moroccan Dirham account smi(&%.

The fact an appeal to TW does nothing is scary. It brings into question whether a disgruntled customer can send you 5 euro from a crypto exchange with payment text "Bitcoin Trading Profit" just to screw you over and get your account shutdown eek¤%&.

TW support will confirm that receiving funds from crypto exchanges is perfectly fine (at least nowadays)

oops yes sorry it was mentioned here receiving is ok with TW. Very interesting that actually.

If there is no direct connection to crypto it should be fine. However don't bother if you can't afford to lose your TW account. TW is very useful as I have some emerging market currency balances I keep there and no offshore bank I have allows me to hold a Moroccan Dirham account smi(&%.

The fact an appeal to TW does nothing is scary. It brings into question whether a disgruntled customer can send you 5 euro from a crypto exchange with payment text "Bitcoin Trading Profit" just to screw you over and get your account shutdown eek¤%&.

intermediate emi name "Interpay Limited" it's not crypto related , but basically i doubt i can trust transferwise with more than few hundreds at the moment. things that very easy and fast like transferwise always fail at some point until they change it to trustwise . but my stupid emi push me to use that until they fix their s**t . but thankfully not long time ago i learned to withdraw from my emi to tw after reading an tutorial made by some guy .

lol dirham it's must be fun to hold other currencies .

Hi, seems I m in same case.
I opened a Transferwise business account for exchange purpose, I received few payment from b2c customers.
When I tried to make a wire transfer , they asked me some questions and few hours later they have deactivated my account.. it was yesterday, so I have no answer yet, someone knows what next?

Latest Threads