Our valued sponsor

Transitioning from Dubai

If you don't mind me asking.

You left from Thailand to Dubai ?

Not 'to Dubai' to like live there but I moved most of my ops there for some time. Im nomadic.

No no you going back ?

yeah, next month. Ill live there for most of the year.

What's your current Tax residency / company setup ?

Personal in UAE still, this will change soon obvs.
Corp setup is a few LLCs + the FZCO which will be moving to a new LLC (for now) by years end.

I was thinking to get an Elite Visa.

Solid option, its really great for the price.

Reactions: jafo
Hi to everyone,
we are one of the leading agencies for business setup in Dubai. If you have any questions or need support regarding your company in Dubai, feel free to contact us.

Reactions: aage
can you give us your thoughts on corporate tax applied on fze that has income for software sales to customers not located in gcc?
also your thoughts on taxes if a resident owns foreign company, will it be under cfc/pe rules how do you see that?

i think these are the questions everyone is interested in here (most commonly asked)

thank you

can you give us your thoughts on corporate tax applied on fze that has income for software sales to customers not located in gcc?
also your thoughts on taxes if a resident owns foreign company, will it be under cfc/pe rules how do you see that?

i think these are the questions everyone is interested in here (most commonly asked)

thank you
All Companies, whether mainland or free zone, that have a yearly profit of 375k AED and above, are subject to 9% corporate tax on all profits that exceed the mentioned threshold. There is only a few activities exempted and software sales is not one of them.

Everyone is stuck at this point. Everyday someone will come and ask same question. Where to go ?
It seems that even if you are going to run offshore company while living in dubai, you still have to pay taxes.
So what is needed now; offshore jurisdiction where you can get: visa, company, business bank account, personal account, tax free. Straight forward process just like dubai.
Let's vote for next destination!
Doesn't Qatar offer that, i have a friend living in Doha and i've never heard her mention tax.

Hi everyone, given that Fred has closed the Dubai corporation, and widely popular his service was on this forum - what's everyone's plans with regards to Dubai? And with regards to transitioning and such? (perhaps a new service by someone new, or will we need to contact the free zone directly now)

It seems strange that Fred needs to close simply because of 9% corporate taxation of a subset of businesses. I had thought Dubai was still a good prospect after all even with the taxation on some businesses. Anyone care to give input on that? Anyhow - hopefully Fred is safe, as his disappearance is highly strange.
Could it be something more sinister than that? say laundering allegations (headsup) based on not doing proper compliance checks on the companies he's onboarding (there's some real shady people that comment on this forum at times).

The corporate tax only applies to annual profits of more than AED 375,000 (approx. Euro 95,000), i.e. only profits above this exemption limit have to be taxed accordingly.

At the same time, salaries, office, telephone, etc. etc. can of course be claimed as expenses and accordingly reduce profits and therefore also reduce taxes. This means that if you live in the UAE, you can pay yourself a correspondingly high salary (no income tax) and thus reduce the corporate tax back to 0% in most cases.

In addition, if you have an annual turnover of no more than AED 3 million (approx. EUR 750,000), you can apply for a general exemption from this corporate tax. This general exemption is then valid until a maximum of December 31, 2026 and provided that the annual turnover does not exceed the limit of AED 3 million in any tax period.

Could it be something more sinister than that? say laundering allegations (headsup) based on not doing proper compliance checks on the companies he's onboarding (there's some real shady people that comment on this forum at times).
What do you know? ja334¤¤#
Not at all.

I can just repeat myself that it was a Personal Decision for the following Reasons:

1. Personal Health issues - too much stress and headache while compensating questionable decision from the GoV
2. Pressure of hiring another 5-7 people to actually run an Accounting Department / Accounting Company
3. More and more shady competitors joining the market daily, no rules and regulations at all

So I just decided to let things happen and not to fight against them.

Further I moved the stage for EmiratesSetup and should I ever again have something to offer on a commercial scale I might return here in the forum more active.

Again, former DLS Dubai Clients have the possibility to join my Inner Circle to get Personal Consultation and Insights.

Reactions: santogrial
Personally I'm staying in Dubai as the pros far outweigh the cons. Didn't even find the summer heat too bad :)

On a practical note @Fred - I've been out of action due to family issues some of which you know about - but now I realize I need to get FZCO company sorted out relatively soon to comply with all of this and make sure no fines or trouble.

What actual practical steps do I need to take now, when and with who?

Initially DLS was going to do this but obviously not now

Can I just renew everything to do with company directly with ifza? And do I just register for tax myself with gov? Similarly just renew my own visa?

Or will your ex-team now working at ifza pretty much pick up where you left off?

I imagine there's a few guys like me who just need basic pointers from someone they totally trust in an otherwise super murky biz.

Thanks man!

Reactions: wasted and uranium
Not 'to Dubai' to like live there but I moved most of my ops there for some time. Im nomadic.

yeah, next month. Ill live there for most of the year.

Personal in UAE still, this will change soon obvs.
Corp setup is a few LLCs + the FZCO which will be moving to a new LLC (for now) by years end.

Solid option, its really great for the price.
what company will you keep while living in Thailand? Dubai Company or US LLC?

hey so the way it will look in the end is:

FZCO as holding
owns: Seychelles IBC for crypto (Main activity)
LLC (x3) for different activities

I keep the residency in UAE, and got an elite right before the change in price so for now Im good.
to keep your personal residency in Dubai will you stay for 3 months there to have tax residency certificate or how does it work? I am thinking about the same structure.

to keep your personal residency in Dubai will you stay for 3 months there to have tax residency certificate or how does it work? I am thinking about the same structure.

Not really interested on the tax residency papers as I spend most of my time in mismanaged places + I dont pay myself anything but yeah for what ive read you have to be there 3 months out of the year which is not bad tho, winters are great.

Hi everyone, given that Fred has closed the Dubai corporation, and widely popular his service was on this forum - what's everyone's plans with regards to Dubai? And with regards to transitioning and such? (perhaps a new service by someone new, or will we need to contact the free zone directly now)

It seems strange that Fred needs to close simply because of 9% corporate taxation of a subset of businesses. I had thought Dubai was still a good prospect after all even with the taxation on some businesses. Anyone care to give input on that? Anyhow - hopefully Fred is safe, as his disappearance is highly strange.
I would like to note that all free zones will soon pay 9%. But it will be important to say that only if your net profit per year exceeds 375 thousand dirhams, you are required to register with the FTA and pay "Corporate tax - 9%", as well as VAT 5%. To arrive is a flexible concept..

I would like to raise the topic of the differences between Free Zone and Mainland.
The first and not the most important thing is that soon all free zones will also be forced to pay a corporate tax of 9% of the "net profit" at the end of the financial year. Secondly, if you need to employ someone in your company (and not just as a foreign transfer of funds), then most likely you will face a huge number of problems.

Since employment in a Mainland company is simple and does not require a third unqualified person, but rather a company founder or HR with an E-Signature card (5 ministries are involved, the average price for an unqualified employee is 5K dirhams).

Last edited:
Hi to everyone,
we are one of the leading agencies for business setup in Dubai. If you have any questions or need support regarding your company in Dubai, feel free to contact us.
would love to see you be around more here to help all people including my self with the open questions there are about Dubai and all the trouble this country is producing for them self.

And you should know that IFZA and JAFZA and other free zones do not provide services themselves. The partner company always does this for them, this must be taken into account (unlike the Mainland, where you can do everything yourself). For example, the oldest company is Shuraa. Yes, you can opt out of them and work (receive services) from free zones directly, but the joke is that no partner of the zones will allow this to be done). I shared my thoughts. Prefer Mainland.

Reactions: Don