Our valued sponsor

traveling with fake precious metals

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Imagine you were traveling with a fake watch you bought from Dubai.
this made me open this thread...

what do you think about traveling (in general possession) with fake "golden" (tungsten) bars?
not talking about scamming anyone or pretending it's real... does anyone have experience or strong opinion on whether this could be a problem for some reason?

Reactions: jafo
If you're caught and the customs officer thinks you're doing it with the intent to commit a crime (sell fake gold bars), you could run into issues. It might be a temporary inconvenience at the airport to potential criminal charges. Depends on where, who, what, why.

Customs and immigration officers are up there with tax authorities on the list of people with more power than I think many people realize. They have a lot of discretionary powers.

(1) Don't do it. NEVER EVER! stupi#21

(2) ...unless, of course, you have MORE firepower than the delusional, unproductive parasites who hallucinate they "own you & have power" over you!

*** I explained and gave examples, and in the linked documents, there are court cases about this "lobbying & bribed BS."... Here it is: Arnold Schwarzenegger facing criminal tax proceedings after failing to declare pricey watch at Munich airport ...

PS. Feel free to ask anything regarding this. I'll answer with the real-life results I've witnessed. I've been very "familiar" with "this industry" since the 1980s. Let's just say that I read a lot of court cases. ;)

don't worry, guys :D - my sense of self preservation is strong enough - but I'm really curious and will never stop being overwhelmed by the level of idiocy around - one cannot travel with real gold, and also not with a fake one (WITHOUT any bad intention whatsoever), wtf?

• Haha
if you are the US/UK/any Government you regularly ship fake gold bars to your trading partners: Fake gold bars in Bank of England and Fort Knox
The original site is conveniently GONE! :rolleyes:
1713290066162.png

PS. Poor Chinese! F*ck! Nobody deserves to be scammed! :mad:

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
don't worry, guys :D - my sense of self preservation is strong enough - but I'm really curious and will never stop being overwhelmed by the level of idiocy around - one cannot travel with real gold, and also not with a fake one (WITHOUT any bad intention whatsoever), wtf?

If the fake gold imitates a real gold bar i.e assay on the bar says Credit Suisse 999.9 fine gold and it is clearer not you will get problems. Other than that a single lump of metal with no forged or misleading markings on it and not pretending to be genuine gold will probably not give you too many problems as there is unlikely to be any offense taking place. Just be ready to explain the purpose of carrying them if your stopped and questioned.

Reactions: jafo and void
If the fake gold imitates a real gold bar i.e assay on the bar says Credit Suisse 999.9 fine gold and it is clearer not you will get problems. Other than that a single lump of metal with no forged or misleading markings on it and not pretending to be genuine gold will probably not give you too many problems as there is unlikely to be any offense taking place. Just be ready to explain the purpose of carrying them if your stopped and questioned.
I would like to add; if you declare it when entering and leaving a country it wont be a problem.

Im aware of stories about just a handful of silver coins causing problems. In one case value wise not even 500 dollars but they didnt have the invoice/receipt with them and didnt declare as they were under the impression that the cash value of everything was below 10k ie no reporting requirement. Dubai is the airport in question re the silver coins.

Just fill in the form and you are good to go. And carry the corresponding docs..

• Wow
Many people have apparently never heard of the word "prop". Theatres and film production teams travel with fake bank notes, weapons etc all the time. Do the proper paperwork in advance, declare the goods and let enough time to answer any questions, but have your story straight and be prepared to have your possessions sent for an expertise and yourself detained/delayed. Don't mess with customs and immigration.

Reactions: GPT
What good brings this discussion and what is anyone expecting the outcome to be ?

Many people have apparently never heard of the word "prop". Theatres and film production teams travel with fake bank notes, weapons etc all the time. Do the proper paperwork in advance, declare the goods and let enough time to answer any questions, but have your story straight and be prepared to have your possessions sent for an expertise and yourself detained/delayed. Don't mess with customs and immigration.
I think they mainly use DHL and other services for transport, even for mundane things such as water.

if you are the US/UK/any Government you regularly ship fake gold bars to your trading partners: Fake gold bars in Bank of England and Fort Knox
Anybody ever encountered the @JohnnyDoe schizophrenia? I really do not understand, but depending on the time of the say, his badge reads differently. Anybody knows why? How can you enable this schizophrenia mode in your profile?
Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 15-12-30 traveling with fake precious metals.png
Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 15-23-22 traveling with fake precious metals.png

• Haha
Reactions: void and JohnLocke