Our valued sponsor

Trustee to protect my identity for offshore company formation?

negon

hannibal the cannibal
BANNED MEMBER
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Following the many regulations and changes each day which are published both on TAX News and the OECD website I wonder if it is possible to protect your identity with an Trustee?

The way I want it to work is simply. I order a company with a Trust (there are services out there) and they own and maintain the company and banking for me. When I need funds from the offshore company's account I have to e-mail, Skype or Fax instructions to the trust who then transfer the money to the account of my choice!

do you think that would work long term? This would mean no one would ever be able to claim the company to be mine!

I think its still possible, but not 100% anonymous. But for me its more important to have security than privacy after all, since I don't have to hide anything that much from the Governement. The privacy will be just a plus for me :)

I thought of being an owner and creating my own offshore company but I don't know about using a foundation though.

You may use a nominee shareholder but in a most of the account opening process, there may be a need to declare the UBO (Ultimate Beneficiary Owner) of the offshore company. For a foundation, you can engage a nominee founder but the advantage is, there is no need to declare anything beyond the nominee founder. Same thing for Trust, you can have nominee settlor as well.

Following the many regulations and changes each day which are published both on TAX News and the OECD website I wonder if it is possible to protect your identity with an Trustee?

The way I want it to work is simply. I order a company with a Trust (there are services out there) and they own and maintain the company and banking for me. When I need funds from the offshore company's account I have to e-mail, Skype or Fax instructions to the trust who then transfer the money to the account of my choice!

do you think that would work long term? This would mean no one would ever be able to claim the company to be mine!
If you want to setup a Trust you better Consult a professional first. It's not that easy to get it setup as well as protected. Other than that I agree with you it's the best way today to go for privacy.

Reactions: negon
Reactions: negon
Well, there are case studies and you find particular drawings of offshore company setups and other information that some usually pay consultancy fees to learn.