Our valued sponsor

UAE - 2024 - And now, what?

but you do need bookkeeping now and submit reports.
Why do you and many others write that bookkeeping/accounting should be done right now? Isn't it enough just to keep all the invoices and prepare all the stuff just before it is needed - before submitting reports, possible audit, etc.? Is the point of doing it now just to have everything organized so you don't have to rush later, or am I missing something?

Reactions: JohnLocke
If you really want to get serious with your business, doing the bookkeeping and keeping up with the accounts is pretty essential. It helps you keep track of how your company is running.

If you really want to get serious with your business, doing the bookkeeping and keeping up with the accounts is pretty essential. It helps you keep track of how your company is running.
You are right. I usually keep everything in a format that's convenient for me. However, I don't understand the need to pay an accountant every month and send him information in monthly batches.

You are right. I usually keep everything in a format that's convenient for me. However, I don't understand the need to pay an accountant every month and send him information in monthly batches.
If you have a competent accountant, they should be able to offer advice and proactively help implement strategies to optimize financial flows. While I'm capable of managing the books myself, I find it reassuring to have someone who's well-versed in accounting and has experience across various types of businesses to offer their insights.

Reactions: Don and uranium
Am I the only one thinking 9% is like nothing?

Why the fuzz about it?

Yes, 0% is better, I agree, but this is going to end, even in banana islands.

In the next decade I'm quite sure no country will offer 0%, except for some complicated structures. Or if 0% they will make you pay in fees (audits, etc.)
What makes you believe no country will have 0% corporate or income tax post-2030?