Our valued sponsor

UAE (Dubai) Expats: What moves will you make with the new UAE tax laws?

Thinking to moving to Qatar, Doha is the next Dubai and Real estate is cheaper than Dubai, Qatar Bahrain Saudi now has the same business plan as Dubaï. Banking may be a problem in Bahrain and Qatar I think..
Bahrain will introduce CT soon.
Qatar and Saudi have taxes.

From what I understood this tax residency certificate would confirm that I am a resident of another country and that I'm running HK company offshore.
So I need to be resident of a tax free company to avoid paying tax
I am correct?
Most important were is your physical residence is. If you are in real 0% tax country. You can still work tax free.
But as we no longer have Dubai. It seams only option is some Caribbean of Pacific islands, but problem is living in them all the time. Or you do Monaco if you have money.

From what I understood this tax residency certificate would confirm that I am a resident of another country and that I'm running HK company offshore.
So I need to be resident of a tax free company to avoid paying tax
I am correct?

No. Both individuals (people) and companies can have a tax residency. Two different things.
A tax residency certificate is a confirmation that a person or company has its "tax home" in a country. You may never need such a certificate.
My comment was about the fact that there is a difference between paying 0% tax in a country and not paying tax in a country.

I said you could achieve a 0% tax setup, living as PT, or living in a 0% personal income country using those structures.

You wrote one should set up a company with a 0% corporate tax. But none of the options you gave are 0% corporate tax options. They are all "not subject to tax" options. Very different from paying 0%. I'm also not sure if you can really achieve 0% tax with a SG company that has operative income, not just capital gains.

Reactions: uranium
Most important were is your physical residence is. If you are in real 0% tax country. You can still work tax free.
But as we no longer have Dubai. It seams only option is some Caribbean of Pacific islands, but problem is living in them all the time. Or you do Monaco if you have money.
how easy is it to become a resident of monaco? How many days to live? CT? Capital gains? Is there a border? Ive passed thru monaco but never been there. Maybe monaco personal residency is not a bad option with non resident company structure which pays dividends or a salary??