Our valued sponsor

UAE Freezone and Ultimate Overseas Beneficiary

Is anyone in Dubai right now and can give a quick wrapup about the convid restrictions in place?
I am looking for some more info.

So far, I heard no lockdowns, most places operational. The mask thing is required in indoor spaces.
* do you need a tracing app installed?
* Where do you need to wear masks and hotels?

You need to wear a mask in all public places, except for being seated in the restaurant. Everything is pretty much open. No need for the tracking app installed I think, although it is better to arrive having it preinstalled just in case.

You need to wear a mask in all public places, except for being seated in the restaurant. Everything is pretty much open. No need for the tracking app installed I think, although it is better to arrive having it preinstalled just in case.
Thanks. So even when walking around in public?
I saw some people who did not do it on yt videos.
Is it policed very strictly or can you be on the creative side?

I would wear unless you want to support the local government with AED 3000 fine. If you are in isolated place far away from others or on seated on the beach with proper social distancing, then it's fine to not wear it. Also those youtubers and instajokers are removing it just for few mins during the video. That's normal. People remove face masks to make a photos too but then reapply them, they are not roaming without the masks. You may get wrong impression from the videos.

Reactions: JackAlabama
I would wear unless you want to support the local government with AED 3000 fine. If you are in isolated place far away from others or on seated on the beach with proper social distancing, then it's fine to not wear it. Also those youtubers and instajokers are removing it just for few mins during the video. That's normal. People remove face masks to make a photos too but then reapply them, they are not roaming without the masks. You may get wrong impression from the videos.
I second that too. The municipality and police are fining restaurants at malls too and people if not adhering to social distancing laws and face mask. Some ice cream parlours at malls are putting glass shields so now tables are shelided away and even they are putting plastic covering on entire tables and chairs so that no one sits on those tables. Covid 19 and the newly identified variant from U.K. and EU is now being closely tracked on all passengers list.

I fully understand your concerns. They even closed down a forum where some fool was simply advertising a few things which shouldn't be discussed openly at all.
Thank you for understanding, some things are just ought to be kept away from the comparatively large public.
Is anyone in Dubai right now and can give a quick wrapup about the convid restrictions in place?
I am looking for some more info.

So far, I heard no lockdowns, most places operational. The mask thing is required in indoor spaces.
* do you need a tracing app installed?
* Where do you need to wear masks and hotels?
The restrictions are pretty lax, I love it here especially compared to the draconian closures and communist like measures in EU right now.
The mask is required at all times whenever in any public space, you can only take it off while seated at a restaurant/cafe or when swimming and sunbathing. Whenever you're moving on a beach, hotel or any place where you could have contact with a stranger the must must be on.
Mind that there are no "free" spots in public where you could sit on, all public benches, couches at malls etc. are taped and restricted from use.

No app is tracking app is needed although before arrival you should download C19 DXB Smart app where you'll register your journey/arrival and if you take a PCR on arrival have the results in the app. If you decide on that you need to quarantine yourself at the hotel/apartment until you get results via Pure Health org.

Hotels operate as usual, just a handful is closed but it's been like it since March. Jacuzzis might not be open.
One thing to note is that restaurants and bars are now to be closed at 3 am and everyone has to leave the premises.
When walking around you need to keep the mask on at all times, in some malls/shops/public there are even face recognition robots who drive around and will take a picture of you if you don't comply and you'll need to pay a fine.
What YTrs show online rarely shows the reality, just saying
I second that too. The municipality and police are fining restaurants at malls too and people if not adhering to social distancing laws and face mask. Some ice cream parlours at malls are putting glass shields so now tables are shelided away and even they are putting plastic covering on entire tables and chairs so that no one sits on those tables. Covid 19 and the newly identified variant from U.K. and EU is now being closely tracked on all passengers list.
I third that, you either comply with the rules or will face large fines and in case you unintentionally spread the virus but due to avoiding the rules you might be prosecuted.

Thank you for understanding, some things are just ought to be kept away from the comparatively large public.

The restrictions are pretty lax, I love it here especially compared to the draconian closures and communist like measures in EU right now.
The mask is required at all times whenever in any public space, you can only take it off while seated at a restaurant/cafe or when swimming and sunbathing. Whenever you're moving on a beach, hotel or any place where you could have contact with a stranger the must must be on.
Mind that there are no "free" spots in public where you could sit on, all public benches, couches at malls etc. are taped and restricted from use.

No app is tracking app is needed although before arrival you should download C19 DXB Smart app where you'll register your journey/arrival and if you take a PCR on arrival have the results in the app. If you decide on that you need to quarantine yourself at the hotel/apartment until you get results via Pure Health org.

Hotels operate as usual, just a handful is closed but it's been like it since March. Jacuzzis might not be open.
One thing to note is that restaurants and bars are now to be closed at 3 am and everyone has to leave the premises.

When walking around you need to keep the mask on at all times, in some malls/shops/public there are even face recognition robots who drive around and will take a picture of you if you don't comply and you'll need to pay a fine.
What YTrs show online rarely shows the reality, just saying

I third that, you either comply with the rules or will face large fines and in case you unintentionally spread the virus but due to avoiding the rules you might be prosecuted.
Thanks for the detailed info. Yes, sounds better than the communist eu.

Latest Threads