Our valued sponsor

UAE tax residency for 140 days?

Boxer

Oct 19, 2023
Dubai
Visit site
Hello, thank you everyone for that forum - it’s the most valuable forum I have ever read.

I lived 277 days in the UAE in 2022 as an LLC owner, but after 9% tax has been announced I decided to close my LLC and lost residency visa. In 2023 year I have lived 128 days in the UAE without residency visa (on tourist visa).
Currently, I’m in the UAE and getting residency visa again. After I get residency visa I want to go for tax residency certificate.
The question: is it possible possible to get tax residency for 130-140 days in that case?

I always live in airbnbs, no ejary. Currently, freelance visa.

Reactions: uranium
Hello, thank you everyone for that forum - it’s the most valuable forum I have ever read.

I lived 277 days in the UAE in 2022 as an LLC owner, but after 9% tax has been announced I decided to close my LLC and lost residency visa. In 2023 year I have lived 128 days in the UAE without residency visa (on tourist visa).
Currently, I’m in the UAE and getting residency visa again. After I get residency visa I want to go for tax residency certificate.
The question: is it possible possible to get tax residency for 130-140 days in that case?

I always live in airbnbs, no ejary. Currently, freelance visa.
Logically your residency starts from the moment you get Emirates ID, so from there you count 90 days as some members suggested here. I thought 6 months but they said there is a new rule of 3 months only.
Can anyone confirm if Ejari is required?

Logically your residency starts from the moment you get Emirates ID, so from there you count 90 days as some members suggested here. I thought 6 months but they said there is a new rule of 3 months only.
Can anyone confirm if Ejari is required?
I think 183 days-rule with residency works anyway. The question is more about if they can pay attention that I lived 277 days in the past year and was a resident so that to give me tax residency with less days :)
I read on the forum that some guys get tax residency with less days than actually required, like by living 120 days in past year (when there was no rule for 90 days + substance).

I think 183 days-rule with residency works anyway. The question is more about if they can pay attention that I lived 277 days in the past year and was a resident so that to give me tax residency with less days :)
I read on the forum that some guys get tax residency with less days than actually required, like by living 120 days in past year (when there was no rule for 90 days + substance).
I don't think they will count it
I'm not expert. Just giving you my personal opinion
Hope others can help

Latest Threads