Our valued sponsor

UAE tax residency now?

Georgia Free Zone companies are very difficult and only real IT companies get approved nowadays. Because of this we have a lot of clients shifting to Dubai Freezone.

There are clients they got approved for Free Zone as IT company in the past and now have issues with banking as the banks claim they are no real IT company and new companies get even not approved for the same reason that they claim to be IT company not because they are in IT but to avoid taxation.
So you need to consult with a Georgian Lawyer as well and most likely you can't incorporate tax free in a IT Free Zone as you want to become Resident in Georgia.
Georgia definitely tracks the days of your stay in the country. Georgian Revenue Service (RS) has a direct link to border police. Every time an ordinary certificate of tax residency is requested the first thing RS does is to contact border control in order to check for the exact number of days which the requestor spent on the territory of Georgia.
Yea, but it seems I have a choice: Belarus or Georgia :D I'm sure I have to choose Georgia.

Even if you get a UAE tax residency certificate, Belarus can still ALSO consider you a tax resident. So you'd have two certificates.
That's why tax treaties include an article about how to deal with such cases - and if you've got closer ties to Belarus than to UAE/Georgia for any given year, then Belarus "wins".
And if there is no tax treaty, then only the Belarusian laws apply.

Georgia definitely tracks the days of your stay in the country. Georgian Revenue Service (RS) has a direct link to border police. Every time an ordinary certificate of tax residency is requested the first thing RS does is to contact border control in order to check for the exact number of days which the requestor spent on the territory of Georgia.
He already spent 46 days. Do he really need 180+ days in Georgia?

Not entirely true.
There are many countries you can get Residence Certificate without being 180+ days if you have substance or EVEN JUST registered in the country. However, with Belarus passport is tricky if you don't have lots of money
Or you can buy citizenship in other country and renaunce Belarus citizenship. It much depends how much money you have and ready to spend on your new residence
As far as I know in Cyprus you can get tax certificate in 60 days

In Panama if you have bought an apartment / land or so or really do run a business with substance you can also get that certificate as well as if you pay some tax voluntarily.

Personally never bothered getting one myself due to no need so cannot comment from personal experience, but this has been told to me by lawyers and it is also written on Kraemer homepage.

"If you have not 183 days or more in Panama in a single year, you will need to provide other documentation. These additional documents may include grocery receipts, receipts from restaurants and purchases in Panama, utility bills, a rental contract, proof of children´s enrollment in local schools, or other documents that prove a vital economic or familial interest in Panama."

However, friendly nation is not applicable to Belarus and investment will soon be 200k min unless you work there and Panama has its own fair share of issues if you want to operate internationally and offshore and not live in the city and jungle there all the time.

In Panama if you have bought an apartment / land or so or really do run a business with substance you can also get that certificate as well as if you pay some tax voluntarily.

Personally never bothered getting one myself due to no need so cannot comment from personal experience, but this has been told to me by lawyers and it is also written on Kraemer homepage.

"If you have not 183 days or more in Panama in a single year, you will need to provide other documentation. These additional documents may include grocery receipts, receipts from restaurants and purchases in Panama, utility bills, a rental contract, proof of children´s enrollment in local schools, or other documents that prove a vital economic or familial interest in Panama."

However, friendly nation is not applicable to Belarus and investment will soon be 200k min unless you work there and Panama has its own fair share of issues if you want to operate internationally and offshore and not live in the city and jungle there all the time.
And Cyprus? 60 days = tax residency and 2.5% company tax with IP box with 0% dividends from this company?

Probably it would be a great idea for you to change your passport to PP-series first, then you will disappear from the tax radars. But it is essential to register with consular officials in the country of the potential residence, UAE or Georgia.

Latest Threads