Our valued sponsor

UK Business Bank Account - NOT EMI!

Rotanimod

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I run a company that is active as a prize competition. We've used Revolut in the past, but a few weeks ago they chose to close us down as they 'Do not support our business model'.

I've tried to apply with Metro Bank in UK and Barclays, both turned us down.

I'm looking for a Bank in the UK that do take on 'high-risk' - Anyone with experience with a Bank that helps out?

We have all legal documentations etc, but we are having trouble finding a bank that will take us on. I'm also all ear for more creative solutions, banking somewhere other than UK?

Reactions: AMD
Where is your company based?

I really have no idea sometimes on why people do that :rolleyes:

Most of Uk banks require to be in presence.
i have same thing, and i am preparing with my partner to make him as a director in companies house so he is become legally director and have the authority to open a bank in Uk.

some people says they can do it but i call some of the big banks and they say not allowed for remotely

I went to UK in person, also added my friend that is a Solicitor as a director. They said no because the UK director had no shares. Started a new company with 50%/50% share structure with my UK based friend as director too, they still said no.

They said no because the UK director had no shares. Started a new company with 50%/50% share structure with my UK based friend as director too, they still said no.

"Majority" UK directors is a typical requirement i.e 2 UK directors and 1 foreign or just 1 UK sole director but not 1 UK and 1 foreign. I don't know if this applies to share structure also.

However would be good to know their reason for rejection conf/(%

The reason for the second rejection is that the business model is outside of their 'risk-appetite'. Which I think is absurd as I dont believe our business is high-risk considering our CB rates etc. banks are simply to lazy to understand our business or simply unwilling. Therefore I'd love to see if there is a bank somewhere in the UK that does accept businesses like ours.

The reason for the second rejection is that the business model is outside of their 'risk-appetite'. Which I think is absurd as I dont believe our business is high-risk considering our CB rates etc. banks are simply to lazy to understand our business or simply unwilling. Therefore I'd love to see if there is a bank somewhere in the UK that does accept businesses like ours.
What is your business model??

What is your business model??

I run a company that is active as a prize competition. We've used Revolut in the past, but a few weeks ago they chose to close us down as they 'Do not support our business model'.

Lol....I can see the banks point of view....i.e "prize" and "competition".

Reactions: WoWNull
Hope you didn't waste time outlining any gambling commission rules to the bank. They hear "gambling" or "prize" or "competition" and its a wrap my friend.

Oh.. I've done nothing else than waste my time on banks lately... The part that bugs me is that there is so many prize competitions that seem to have banks... Any advice is appreciated, open to try off-shore or anything else.

I'm not opposed, its just that all the EMI's I've seen doesnt support the business model, therefore I'm looking for a bank

With all due respect if a tin pot EMI does not support your business model what makes you think a more heavily regulated bank will? I am struggling with your way of thinking conf/(%

Latest Threads