Our valued sponsor

Question UK company formation - residence question

valtrue

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I've got a question about company formation in UK. Do you know if Companies House verifies information about given residence?
Does providing residence address in UK (if you have no UK residence yet) could cause rejection of company registration?

@Sols, thanks for reply!
I have two more questions.
Do Corporate service providers have any tools to check residence or do they base on provided documents only?
Do you think that this can cause any problems with issue UTR number for company?

Do Corporate service providers have any tools to check residence or do they base on provided documents only?
Some use tools to (try to) verify the validity and accuracy of the docs. Some don't.

Do you think that this can cause any problems with issue UTR number for company?
For obtaining UTR, I don't see any significant risks.

But if you are caught lying to the corporate service provider, they will likely remove themselves from your company and your company will end up dissolved unless you can find someone else to take over. Same with banking and payment processors if need those and show them false proof of address. So it can become a problem in the future.

Do you mean that EMI like Revolut do "soft check" as method to verify residence address?
I heard that some corporate service providers or EMI do "soft check" to verify if address and name/surname is matched.

In this situation, will my verification fail and EMI reject my application when I've never had an official UK address?