Our valued sponsor

Unsure where I stand tax viewpoint: UK LTD, living in Canada, working for Spanish Group

ajmining

Apr 11, 2022
Varies
Visit site
Hi,

I am a UK citizen, just moved to Canada on a 2 year working permit, and I am the sole director & sole employee of a UK LTD company. I consult for various companies Spain/Canada/Brazil/UK/Singapore. Last year (apr-apr) I spent 100 days in the UK, this year I'll spend approximately 60% in Canada, 20% UK and 20% elsewhere.

Currently I invoice all my work, regardless of jurisdiction via my UK LTD company, and pay myself the tax efficient way of minimal salary + dividends to my UK bank as a result, I pay tax in the UK.

I would be interested to know if anyone has any advice on my position from the tax standpoint, by default assume I am a tax resident in the UK because of birth and ties, but given my Canadian work permit and current 'living' status here, then I may be considered a Tax resident here.

If anyone has any suggestions of a tax lawyer/accountant/advisor, I am happy to spend some money to ensure I am understanding things, and optimising tax correctly, but in the meantime, this forum has been a great source of knowledge so I am making use of that.

Cheers,

J.

Latest Threads